Chapter Thirty Five

I woke up to the sounds of 6 giggling girls banging around and getting ready to leave. I lifted my head to look over at my alarm clock. 7:54. Groaning I fell back on my pillow, closing my eyes. It felt like I didn't get any sleep last night at all. I spent the majority of the night tossing and turning. I was not looking forward to this day. I felt the bed dip down, and I turned and opened my eyes. Peter sat on the edge of my bed staring out the window, a sad look on his face.

"I don't want to go Kitten." He whispered. I sat up and hugged him from the side, resting my chin on his shoulder.

"I don't want you to go either, Giant Weasley." I say softly.

We sat like that for a few minutes neither one of us moving. There was a soft knock at my bedroom door before my dad opened it and poked his head in.

"I'm taking the girls to school, then heading over to the airport to pick up Jamie. You two should get dressed and eat before we get back." He said.

A few minutes later the house fell silent, as they left. I stood up and went to my closet and picked out some clothes for the day. Peter stayed where he was.

"I'm going to go take a quick shower, then make breakfast for us while you shower, okay?" I ask.

"Sounds good Kitten." He responded not looking away from the window. My heart broke at how sad he looked.

I took a fast shower and headed to the kitchen. I took out the stuff to make pancakes. When I was finished making the batter I heard the shower start. Peter strolled in as I was just finishing up the pancakes. I dished them up on plates and put them on the table. We ate in silence, when we were done I picked up the plates and washed the dishes we used and he dried them.

"It's not really fair is it Kitten. My dad is the one that is a f*ck up, yet Maggie and I are the ones that have to leave our home. We have to leave everything we f*cking know and start over in a strange place with nothing and no one. Yet he gets to stay. He doesn't have to f*cking give up anything. It's not f*cking fair." Peter said quietly. I could hear the pain in his voice. Quickly drying my hands on my jeans I pulled him into a hug.

"I'm so sorry Peter. It's hard, and really scary going into the unknown, but you are not alone. You have Maggie, and your Aunt Jamie. When you start school, you will make new friends. It may look bleak now, but it will get better." I said in earnest. "Sometimes starting over is good, no one knows who you are. You aren't judged by what someone else says, but for who you are. 

"You do know that I'm extremely anti social, right?" Peter deadpanned. "I don't make friends easily."

"We became friends instantly."

"That's different."

"How so?"

"You came very highly recommended." He smirked.

"It was the first day of school and I was here for a week. I couldn't have been that highly recommended." I rolled my eyes.

"We heard about you the night you arrived. Then again a few days later when Lincoln was cursing Ferg to hell for spending so much time with you. He actually thought that he was making a move on you." Peter laughed.

"So you become Besties with all the girls Lincoln talks about?"

"He never really talked about other girls. He also was never jealous of Ferg before. That's when we knew that you were different. Then the party happened. I thought he was f*cking crazy, trying to protect a girl he barely knew. He went up against Vic and won." Peter said. "But as soon as I saw you I knew you were special" He coo'd pinching my cheek. I swatted his hand away letting out a small giggle.