Chapter 14

Getting ready for school today went a little smoother, of course it could have been the fact that I was in bed and asleep by 8:30. Ferg texted me that he was on his way so I went outside to wait for him. It was a really nice day, the sun was shining and warm on my skin, but enough of a breeze that it wasn't uncomfortable. I wasn't outside for long when he came down my driveway. I hopped in the car, and realized Marsha wasn't there.

"Where's your lady friend?" I asked, Ferg chuckled as he pulled out of my driveway.

"You live closer, so I stopped here first. Don't worry, we are going to pick her up now." He smiled at me. "Just to warn you ahead of time, my dad is going to your house tonight to watch the game with Gary and they can get a little loud."

"Good to know, looks like I will be hanging out in the reading oasis tonight."

"It's probably for the best."

"What do you have planned tonight?"

"I'm taking Marsha out to the movies." A small smile creeping along his face. "Our first official date."

"Wow. You must be excited."

"Yeah, I still can't believe that we are together."

"I'm happy for you." I said with a smile, he turned to me and gave me a goofy smile.

We turn onto a nicely paved driveway, trees on both sides creating a tunnel. Pulling up to a nice two story, yellow house with white trim. It's well maintained and has an immaculate lawn and garden. Marsha comes running down the front stairs and I open the door and get into the back seat. She jumps in and turns around to face me.

"You didn't need to move, I could have sat in the back"

"I think that Ferg would rather hold your hand while he drives instead of mine."

"She has a point" Ferg cuts in.

"Yeah she does." Marsha turned to him with a huge smile as Ferg took her hand in his, grinning back at her.

The cuteness is a bit overwhelming. I wonder if I will ever have that. Someone to hold my hand while they drive, look at me like I'm their whole world. I haven't really thought about it before. It never really seemed possible back in Montley. But things are different here. I looked out the window and noticed we were pulling into the school parking lot. Wow, I must have really spaced out there. Marsha and Ferg were chatting away, honestly I didn't really understand half of it. It is almost like they have their own language. I get out of the car when we stop and pull my bag onto my shoulder before heading towards the front doors of the school.

"Don't forget that I have the Dentist Appointment after school today, you said you would drive me." Marsha reminded Ferg.

"Right, hey Jussy, we need to leave right after school today. Will that be okay?"

"Sure, Marsha and I have English Lit last period so we can walk together."

"Sounds like a plan." He said as he held open the door for us.

I headed to the locker they gave me after the last class yesterday,to put away my backpack and to take out my History books. 

"Good morning Justine." I recognized Conner's voice and turned around smiling.

"Good morning" I say shyly, while taking in his charming smile.

"Come on, I'll walk you to class." He says pulling me along the crowded halls.

I'm aware right away that most of the students are staring at us. Some of the girls are flat out glaring at me. Perfect, looks like coasting through the year unnoticed isn't going to be that easy. We pass a small group of girls who give me death stares. Of course one had to be the blond who I dumped water on at the party. She was with another blond and a red head. If looks could kill I would be 6 feet under right now. I look down at my feet trying to avoid anymore looks. Conner doesn't even seem to notice that everyone is staring at us. When we reach my classroom I pull out of his arm and give him a small smile before escaping into the class.