Canada Facts, #1

Hello readers! This book is all about Canada, I am mostly going to include relevant facts, however there will be odd ball facts too! If you have any questions about Canada, please feel free to ask them, and I will see if I can answer them, and if I can I will try to answer it the best I can. I will make note of answers that I may not be absolutely sure of. Of course, if you have any facts you want to contribute, pm me and I will decide if I want to add it or not. I want you to know that I am not going to be including a full history of Canada or the complete facts of a topic, that's for history books, I am just giving basic facts to help enhance your knowledge about Canada. Please enjoy learning about my country!
----------

Okay, here we go!

-Canadian civilization was primarily founded by the Aboriginal people of Canada, the French, and the British.

-Canada has two official languages, English and French.

-"O Canada" our national anthem was originally written in French and then translated to English, this plus the fact that French is our second official language, is the reason we sing a part of it in French.

-Because French is one of our official languages, we have adopted some French words or spellings in our everyday use. Example, we spell center, centre after the French spelling and use the word toque as the name for a winter hat/beanie.

-RCMP: Royal Canadian Mounted Police. Royal-when we were still under British rule, our police forces were in the service of the Queen. Canadian-self explanatory. Mounted-they ride horses. Police-well that's the name of our law enforcement. They exist so they can track criminals and help people where vehicles cannot reach as we have a range of forest, plains, and mountains.