Canada Facts, #4

This one is mostly about sports for those curious about what sports we play. Hockey is mentioned, don't worry. I mean if you have frozen lakes and rivers for about 5 months of the year, how couldn't we come to love an ice sport?
----------

-Lacrosse is our national sport, although we do love hockey, Canadian Football, and baseball. Rugby is up there as well.

-Canadian Football is not football were you must score a round ball in a net, that is what we call soccer. Canadian Football is were players try to get an odd shaped ball into the other teams end zone on the field for a "touch down" which scores 6 points. Or they can kick it through the field goal, which is fork shaped but with out the middle one. That is 3 points. A team has 3 chances to get the ball passed a imaginary line one the field in order to keep possession. The field is 110 yards end to end and 65 yards wide. The game is split into 4 quarters of playing time as baseball is split into 9 innings. 12 players take the field on each team. And that's as much detail as I am going into that.

-Yes, we play curling too, one person pushes a polished rock and slides it down a strip of ice and two more people use special brooms to sweep the ice to make more friction so the rock will travel faster. The point is to have as many rocks in/close to the centre of a target that is marked on the ice than the other teams rocks to score.

-Tim Horton's. What is Tim Horton's? Well, Tim Horton's is a coffee and doughnut shop, however it does sell other items such as tea, sandwiches, muffins, frozen lemonade, etc. Timmy's has made it here because it has been mentioned in books before.

-Tim Horton was a hockey player who did baking in his spare time, so when he retired he started his own bakery and Tim Horton's the most popular coffee shop in Canada, was born.