Canada Facts, #6

-We are polite as a group and support and help out other countries but as individuals do not be surprised if you meet idiotic, rude jerks, every country has them.

-Even though we produce 97% of the world's maple syrup- 95% coming from Quebec, and the remaining 2% from Ontario, does not mean we are obsessed with maple syrup, it's just one of our biggest exports, like wheat.

-Canada's national animal is beaver because when settlers came here, they often traded for beaver pelts as there was a large beaver population here, so it made them a common animal to hunt.

-Our five dollar bill is blue, the ten dollar bill is purple, the twenty dollar bill is green, fifty dollar bills are red, and one hundred dollar bills are a light brown.

-We used to have a 50 cent coin, but they were discontinued a long time ago, (I believe) they had the Canadian coat of arms on it. Pennies were discontinued only a few years ago, they were our 1 cent coin, with a maple leaf on it. Nickels are our 5 cent coins, with a beaver on them. Dimes, which are our smallest coins, even smaller than the penny, are our 10 cent coins and have a sail boat on them. Quarters are 25 cent coins, with a caribou on them, although there are special editions where there are athletes doing different winter Olympic sports on them, as well as ones with different images about the war of 1812  on it (other coins had small maple leafs added around the image when those ones came out).Loonies are 1.00$ coins with, surprise, a loon on them in which the coin is named after. Toonies are 2.00$ coins with a polar bear on it, they came out in the early 2000's (I can't remember exactly which year, 2005 maybe), and there was a contest held to name our new coin. Toony was decided one; I guess it was the best name given in the contest, two; "toony" sounds like a weird variation of "two", the amount the coin is worth, and three; it rhymes with loony.

Yes this one is longer seems how the previous chapter facts were very short.