Chapter 9 : Sleeping on the bathroom floor

Chapter 9

Later...

Riker POV

I was currently hiding in my bathroom from Ross. He was pounding on the door, yelling at me to open it. Everyone had gone out for ice cream. I didn't want to get fat, so I pretended I was sick. And so did Ross. We were the only ones home now, and I was scared to death! All of me was shaking.

"OPEN THE FREAKING DOOR, RIKER!"

"R-Ross, p-please s-stop!"

I was crying now. I heard the lock pop open. He'd unlocked it. And the door opened. I fell to the floor, and curled in on myself. I didn't know what to do.

I felt hard kicks all over my body. I was screaming now, and I couldn't hear anything else.

I felt a kick to my jaw, and I tasted blood. I felt like I was going to throw up. But instead, I blacked out.

Later...

Riker POV

I opened my eyes. All I saw was darkness. I turned over so I was on my back. I felt coldness underneath me. Bathroom tiles...

I sat up, trying not to cry out in pain. My whole body hurt. Memories came flooding back, and I started to get scared again. I stood up, and walked towards where I knew the bathroom door was. It was shut. I turned on the light. There was a small puddle of blood where my head had been. And I tasted blood in my mouth. I must've drooled that, I guess...

I cleaned up the blood, and then washed out my mouth. I'd bit my tongue earlier, and it still hurt. My bottom lip was also hurt. It was swollen and kind of bloody.

I lifted up my shirt, and saw bruises all over myself. They were on my chest, back, legs, arms, and face. I became even more nervous. What if mom asks about them? What am I supposed to say!?

I shut off the light, and laid down on the floor. I'm not going into my bedroom where Ross is. No way. So I guess I'm sleeping on the bathroom floor tonight.

I closed my eyes. I felt exhausted, and I fell asleep quickly.

Morning...

Riker POV

I woke up, and saw sunlight. I got up slowly, feeling aches everywhere. Judging by the sun, it's probably around lunch time. So Ross should probably be downstairs, getting tutored.

I sat back down on the floor, and got out one of my blades. I deserve this. I ate the ice cream yesterday.

I made 4 cuts on my arm, and then cleaned them. I left the bathroom, and saw that Ross wasn't in the bedroom, thank god.

I quickly changed into clean clothes. I grabbed my phone off my nightstand, and saw I had 2 messages. They were both from Paige.

"Hey, Riker. Do you want to come over today?"

That one was sent this morning.

"You can come over whenever you want if you're free."

That one was also sent this morning. I looked at the clock. It's 11:14. I texted Paige.

"Hey. Sorry, I slept in this morning. I'd love to come over."

"Ok, you can come over whenever you want."

"I'll be there in a few minutes."

I went downstairs, and left. I felt a weird feeling inside me as I walked. It wasn't the aches all over my body. It was a weird feeling inside my stomach. I think it was... happiness? I hadn't felt that in months.