Chapter 12 : A plan to leave

Chapter 12

Later that night...

Paige POV

I was just about to fall asleep when I heard knocking, but it wasn't on my door...? I turned on the light, and looked around my room. Where is that noise coming from?

I heard it again. It's coming from my... window? What if it's a murderer or something!? Wait... They wouldn't be that stupid. Would they?

It's raining anyways. Maybe it's just a tree branch or something.

I walked over, and unlocked it. I pushed it up, and saw Riker. My eyes widened.

"C-can I c-come in?"

"Of course! It's storming out, Riker!"

Riker wrapped his arms around me, and I put my hands under his arms. I gently pulled him through the tiny window, making sure he didn't fall. I quickly shut the window so the rain didn't come in.

"You're soaking wet! What happened!?"

"I-I'm s-sorry I d-didn't t-text. A-are you m-mad?"

"No, I'm not mad! I'm happy you're ok."

I handed Riker a towel, and he wrapped it around himself.

"If you want, I can go get some of my brother's pajamas so you have something dry to wear."

"Y-yes p-please."

I quickly went upstairs. It was past midnight, but I knew my brother stayed up late, playing videogames. I lightly knocked on his door, and he opened it.

"Hey. You ok?" He asked.

"Yeah. My friend is over, and his clothes got soaked from the rain. Could he borrow a pair of your pajamas?"

"Yeah, sure. What size is he?"

"Um, smaller than you."

"Here. This is the smallest shirt and pair of pajama pants I have."

I took them from my brother.

"Thanks."

"You better not be doing anything suspicious with him," he teased.

"I'm not! We're not even dating. He's just a friend, ok?"

"That's how it always starts."

I rolled my eyes, and closed his door. I went back downstairs to Riker, who was shivering.

"Here. Something dry you can change into. They might be a little big on you though."

Considering my brother was a normal sized human, and Riker was like a skinny skeleton.

"T-thanks."

Riker quickly changed in my bathroom. When he came out, I could see everything was kind of big and baggy on him.

"So what brings you here so late?"

"Um..."

I motioned for him to come sit on my bed next to me. Once he did, I put a blanket over his shoulders.

"Well... I was scared..."

"Of what?"

"M-my brother."

"Why?"

"Because he hurts me."

"How?"

"Um... He hits me, and beats me, and kicks me... And a bunch of other stuff too..."