Chapter 23 : Late night chats

Chapter 23

Middle of the night...

Riker POV

"Riker, wake up!"

My eyes snapped open, and I quickly sat up. I could see my brother slightly from the moonlight.

"What's wrong?" I asked, half asleep.

"Where's the bathroom!? I'm going to throw up!"

"Oh boy... Come here."

I took his arm, and brought him into the bathroom. I put the lights on a dim setting, and sat next to Ross, who was in front of the toilet.

Ross's face looked like a ghost. He was so pale, and he was all sweaty.

I tried so hard not to look at him or listen to him when he threw up. He was making me kind of nauseous.

I started to sort of wake up more. And my mind was racing.

First of all, my abusive baby bro is now throwing up, and completely powerless. For some crazy reason, that I can't even understand, he came to me about this. Like... Why not Rocky or even mom and dad!? Why me!?

And what if he's going to like... die? I don't know what I should do for him. The internet said for him to drink water, and this should be over in a few days, but who knows if that was true? I hadn't talked to a doctor! I looked on google!

And second of all, Paige was going to kill me. I knew she didn't like Ross, for obvious reasons. And now he's in her house without her knowing, and it's because I let him come here! If he starts hurting me again, now he knows where she lives, and I could be doomed! And Paige is going to kill me for meeting him tonight. She told me not to. I was supposed to stay put, and what did I do!? I walked right into Ross, and brought him here!

But I couldn't help it! I can't stand seeing people hurt and stuff! Especially my family! I couldn't walk away from him. Sure, I don't know the whole story with what happened with him, but something's clearly wrong with him. He isn't faking.

"I don't feel good..." Ross mumbled, looking at me.

"Do you want some water? You're supposed to drink a lot of it. At least that's what google said..."

"I guess..."

I grabbed his glass from before, and filled it in the sink. I sat down next to him, and handed him the glass. He drank it slowly.

"Feel any better?"

"No... I feel like crap..."

"Do you think you can go back to sleep?"

"Ugh... I don't even know..."

"Um... Well maybe we could try?"

Ross sighed, and I noticed he was biting his bottom lip.

"Riker?"

"What?"

He looked so guilty and upset, and it was kind of breaking my heart to see my baby bro like this.

"I know I've been an awful brother to you... But I promise I'm not going to hurt you... Please, I just need you to be here for me right now. My life is so messed up, and I'm scared, Riker! I don't know what I'm going to do!" Ross said, crying now.

I pulled him into a tight hug.

"It's ok..." I whispered.

Ross cried into my shoulder.

"I'll help you. Don't worry," I whispered.

"Where's your friend?"

"In Florida."

"Oh..."

"Do you want to try going back to bed?"

"Do you remember a few years ago when we used to watch movies together, and we'd fall asleep next to each other in bed? I'd want to watch something scary, and you'd hate it, and we'd end up cuddling."

"Yeah?"

"Can we do that?"

"Yeah. What movie do you want to watch?"

"Nothing. I just want to cuddle."

"Yeah... Ok."

We walked back into the bedroom, and laid down on the floor in my bed of blankets. I pulled Ross into my arms, and held him tight. Ross was still crying a little bit. His head was on my chest.

"I'm so sorry, Riker..."

"For what?"

"For hurting you! And torturing you! It wasn't even me! It was Macy and those stupid drugs she gave me! She got me addicted. That girl is evil!"

"Hey... It's ok. I... forgive you."

"My head hurts so bad..."

"It'll feel better..."

"Riker, I feel so bad. I'm so sorry for hurting you. I can't even believe I did that!"

"Ross, it's ok."

"It's not ok, Riker! I hurt you! I hit you, and kicked you, and tied you up to hurt you even more! I knocked you unconscious, and left you! I don't know how you don't hate me! I hate me!"

"Ross... I agree... What you did to me was awful... But if you were on drugs... You weren't really yourself. It's not that I'm not mad, because I am... But I forgive you. You're my brother."

"I'm so sorry..."

I held him tighter.

"It's ok, Ross."

He cried into my chest. I just held onto him tight.

"Ross, I need to tell you something."

"What?"

"Um... You know my friend, Paige?"

"Yeah."

"Well um... This is her house..."

"Yeah...?"

"And um... I sort of... Um... Well I told her you were hurting me. But it wasn't my fault! She found me hurt at the park one day and stuff, and just-"

"I'm not mad, Riker. I'm glad you told someone."

"She's been helping me get better."

"Good. I'm sorry I hurt you. This should've never happened..."

I sighed.

"Well um... Here's the thing... Paige is in Florida right now... And um... She kind of told me not to go meet you. And I'm not sure what to do now, exactly."

"Whatever you do, please can we just keep this from mom and dad. I'll be in so much trouble."

"Yes, we don't have to tell them. But... Just don't tell them anything about me either, ok?"

"Uh... Yeah...? What would I tell mom and dad about you?"

"Nothing... Nevermind..."

I readjusted my position, holding onto Ross slightly tighter. I've missed him so much. I've missed my old nice brother. Not the new abusive one. I missed being able to tell him everything. We used to be so close. And then I grew apart from everyone in my family...

I wasn't sure if Ross was asleep yet, but I was getting tired. I've been so stressed out lately, and it makes me exhausted. And I fell asleep.