Chapter 44 : Unfun showers

Chapter 44

Morning...

Riker POV

"Wake up. Time for breakfast," Rydel said, shaking me.

I sat up, and actually felt like I had energy again. But everything felt strangely calm.

Rocky came over, picked me up, and carried me to the kitchen. My ankle still hurt...

Rydel put a plate of pancakes in front of me. I wanted to eat, but I also didn't want to...

"Eat, Riker. Or I'll tell dad," Rocky said.

I sighed, and took a bite. But I felt sick as soon as I swallowed it.

Rocky forced me to eat more, and I started to sweat. I didn't feel right.

"Riker, come on. You have to eat a little more," Rydel said.

"I'm going to throw up."

"Riker-"

"I'm seriously going to throw up!"

Rocky grabbed me around the waist, and dragged me over to the garbage can in the kitchen. I started throwing up. Rocky had to hold me up because I felt too weak to stand up on my own. And my ankle hurt. After about 5 minutes, I was finally done, and Rocky put me back in my chair at the kitchen table. I felt really sick though.

"Can I take a shower?" I asked.

"How are you going to take a shower if you can barely stand?" Rocky asked.

"Ok... Then can a take a bath?"

"But that'll take forever!"

"So what?"

"So dad said I have to be in the bathroom with you while you bathe so that you can't secretly hurt yourself. It's a rule now."

"Ugh... Well what am I supposed to do? I feel disgusting..."

"Wait! I have an idea!"

Later...

Riker POV

"This is not the ideal situation I had in mind, you know," I said, annoyed.

"Well you insisted on showering, so too bad," Rocky said.

I was currently sitting on a small plastic chair from when we were like 5 or something. The chair was in the bathtub. Rocky and I were in our swimsuits, and the shower was on. Rocky was washing my hair for me, even though my arms work perfectly fine. I think he was just having fun playing the big brother role. But it was annoying to me... I feel like a baby who can't do anything for myself...

Rocky dumped another cup of water on my head, and I wasn't ready for it. There was soap in my eyes now.

"Ugh! Rocky!"

"What?"

"My eyes!"

"What?"

"They're burning!"

"Oh."

He handed me a towel, and I wiped my eyes, but they still stung a little.

"Could I have a warning next time?"

"Uh... Yeah... Sorry..."

He finished my hair, and then shut the water off. He wrapped a towel around me, picked me up, and then put me down on the bathroom floor. I just sat there while Rocky left to get dressed. I can't stand up with only one foot.