Chapter 43 : Rules

Chapter 43

Riker POV

I ran up to my bedroom, and slammed the door shut. I locked it, ran into my bathroom, and locked that door too. I shoved the window open, and managed to climb out onto the roof. I heard my dad unlocking my bedroom door. I quickly shut the window, and crawled on the roof to the lowest point. I'm going to have to jump if I want to get away. Right now I just felt scared. I didn't know what was going to happen to me, but I did know that I was in big trouble.

It's about 8 feet down... I could break something...

Or I can jump in the bush...

Bush it is then...

I took a deep breath, and then slid off the roof, and fell into the bush below.

"Ow!"

I was being poked in so many places. My arms got a little scratched up, but not too bad. I slid out of the bush, and then took off down the road. My first thought was to go to Paige's. But I'm mad at her for leaving, so scratch that...

Um...

I guess I'll go to the park.

Once I got there, I climbed up a tree so I could hide.

Paige POV

I just got a call from the Lynch's, saying Riker escaped. So I'm helping look for him now.

There aren't many places he could be yet since he only escaped a few minutes ago...

I left my house, and started walking down the road. Where would he go?

The only place I knew he went was the park. That's the place I found him when we first met.

I walked into the park. I didn't get very far before I heard a loud crack, and I saw a blonde fall out of a tree.

"Ow!"

I ran over.

"Riker."

"It hurts! Really bad!"

His hands were on his ankle. I quickly texted Mr.Lynch that I found Riker in the park.

He curled up on the grass, crying. Within a minute, all the Lynch's were here, and came running over.

"He hurt his ankle. He fell out of the tree," I said.

"Oh, Riker... What am I going to do with you?" Mr.Lynch asked.

He picked Riker up in his arms. I said goodbye to the Lynch's, and went back home.

Riker POV

I cried until we got home. Dad carried me inside, and put me on the couch.

"Can you move your foot?"

I was able to move my foot.

"Your ankle is swelling. You probably sprained it... Riker, you seriously need to be more careful. And you need to behave. You need to do what I say, and if you do, you won't get hurt."

Dad left, and came back a few minutes later with ice. He wrapped up my ankle with the ice on it. I was feeling really sleepy. I curled up on the couch, and fell asleep.

Later...

Riker POV

When I woke up from my nap, I felt like I had no energy. Rocky was sitting across from me in the living room, watching tv. But then he noticed I was awake.

"Dad, he woke up!" Rocky called.

Dad came into the room.

"How's your ankle?"