Chapter 31 : Riker's depression

Chapter 31

Middle of the night...

Paige POV

I woke up, hearing soft whimpering. I turned over so I was facing the bathroom door, and saw the light on under the crack of the door.

I pulled myself out of bed, and went over to the door. I knocked a few times softly.

"Riker, you ok in there?"

I didn't get an answer. I just heard crying.

I got the key from above the door, and unlocked it. I opened it to find Riker sitting on the floor, holding his blade in his hand. His wrists were bleeding.

"Riker..."

He broke into more tears.

"I-I'm t-too s-scared t-to c-cut t-too d-deep!"

I took the blade from him, and put it on the sink counter. I sat down beside him, and wrapped a towel around his wrists.

"You tried to kill yourself?" I asked, quietly.

"Y-yeah... B-but I'm t-too scared. It hurt t-too much w-when I p-pressed down h-harder."

"Riker, why did you try to kill yourself?"

"B-because you d-don't love m-me! E-everything's a b-big lie, and I'm f-fat and u-ugly."

Riker hid his face in his hands.

"Riker, you're not fat, and you're not ugly. Why would you think I don't love you?"

"B-because you w-were mean t-to me!"

"Riker, we had an argument. It's normal for boyfriends and girlfriends to fight and argue. It doesn't mean I don't love you, because I do! You're skinny and you look very cute."

Riker looked at me through the gaps in his fingers covering his face.

"I am not cute..."

"Yes, you are! You're very adorable, and you're a total sweetheart."

I took the towel away from his wrists, and bandaged them up. Riker had sort of calmed down a little, and he was just kind of staring down at his hands now.

"Riker, I do love you. Don't you believe that?"

He didn't say anything, and he just stared down at the floor.

"Hey."

I gently brought my hand up to his bruised face, and made him look at me.

"I love you, Riker. There's absolutely no one else I'd rather have as my boyfriend."

"W-what about R-Ross?"

"No. I love you."

I moved closer, and gently kissed the bruise on his cheek. I could feel him relaxing. I moved to his lips, and he started to kiss me back. When I pulled away, I saw tears in his eyes.

"Hey. What's wrong?"

"E-everything h-hurts," he whispered.

"Alright. I'll go get you something, ok?"

"T-thanks..."

I'd brought his medicine downstairs so I wouldn't have to go all the way upstairs every time. I handed him 2 pills, and he took them.

"I really do love you, Riker. A lot. More than I can even tell you."

"I love you too, Paige..."