Chapter 24 : Things are not looking up

Chapter 24

Morning...

Riker POV

I woke up, really needing to use the bathroom. Ross was sleeping completely on top of me, and I really didn't want to wake him up. Otherwise I'd have to deal with him.

Do I lay here and just hold it, or do I try to slide out from under him?

I waited for a little while, but Ross was just completely out. I knew he didn't feel well, and he was up in the middle of the night. I didn't think he was waking up soon. And now I really had to go!

I slowly picked up Ross's arms, and put them on the floor. I slowly slid my hands under his chest, and tried to lift him and slide out from underneath him at the same time. It was like I was moving in slow motion. I didn't want to wake him up.

After a long 5 minutes, I managed to get him off of me. I quickly got up, and ran to the bathroom. After I did my business, I decided that I should go have breakfast. I wasn't exactly happy about eating, but I knew Paige would want me to eat, and I knew I was supposed to be eating 3 meals a day. So I went upstairs.

I made toast with peanut butter. That was probably my favorite thing for breakfast... And also maybe lunch and dinner. But I couldn't help it! It tasted so good!

"Riker!"

Oh no, he's awake...

"Coming!"

I went downstairs. Ross was still lying in bed.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I have a headache."

"I'll go get you something for it."

"Thanks..."

I grabbed him some medicine.

"There. Anything else you need? Do you want breakfast?"

"No... I feel so nauseous..."

"Oh... Ok... Well google said to drink lots of water."

I grabbed his glass from last night, and refilled it. I made him sit up, and drink some of it.

"Riker..."

"What?"

He just groaned and covered his face. I moved a little closer to him, and took his hand.

"Hey. It'll be ok. You'll feel better soon. I looked it up, and this will only last a few days. But the pain medicine might make you feel a little better. And if you drink more water, it might help flush everything out of your system."

"Why are you being so nice to me after I was so awful to you?"

"Because we're family, Ross. Yeah, I'm kind of nervous and mad and a lot of other things, but right now... I need to put that aside, and make sure you're ok. You're my brother, and right now, you need help. I can't just kick you out and ignore you, knowing that this is happening."

"I'm so sorry..."

I sighed.

"It's ok, Ross. I told you that already."

"What can I do to make it up to you? I feel so bad!"

Now this is my baby bro. This is the real Ross.

"Um... Well maybe if you could tell me what happened, and why you started beating me...?"

"Yeah... I guess you do deserve an explanation..."

I moved so I was leaning against Paige's bed, and Ross moved so he was next to me. I loosely put my arm around his shoulder.

"Are you mad at me?"