Chapter 30 : Relationship bumps

A/N : Shout out to @R5Music332 for the funny comments on the last chapter.

Chapter 30

Later...

Riker POV

"Ugh! It hurts!" I whined.

"Riker, the medicine will start working soon. You just took it," Paige said, sitting beside me.

I was curled up in a ball on the floor, moving now and then from feeling uncomfortable.

"It hurts..."

"Do you want to tell me what happened while I was in Florida? Because I thought I remembered telling you not to go meet Ross."

"Do I have to?"

"Riker, this is technically my house, and you brought him here when I specifically told you not to."

"But I had to because-"

"Riker, just tell me what happened, ok?"

I sighed.

"He convinced me to come meet him. And then he was all weak and stuff. I took him here because obviously I couldn't go home! Ross would be in so much trouble. And he apologized for everything. It was because his girlfriend gave him drugs and was threatening him. I forgave him."

Paige sighed.

"What!? I'm allowed to forgive him!" I shouted, hearing my voice crack slightly.

"Keep your voice down."

"Do you want me to keep telling it or not?"

"Yes, but you don't have to shout."

I sighed, annoyed.

"Well then I went home to go get him some more clothes. And Macy was there. She wanted me to tell her where Ross was, and I refused, so she kidnapped me."

"Why didn't you just tell her some fake location or tell your parents?"

"Because I was scared! I can't think straight when I'm scared! I was just trying not to have a panic attack!"

"Riker. Lower your voice."

I huffed, and crossed my arms.

"Well are you going to finish or not?" Paige asked.

"Not."

"Riker-"

"No! I'm not telling you. You're being mean!"

"How!? All I'm doing is telling you to keep your voice down!"

"Well I don't want to talk about it anymore..."

Paige sighed, and I could tell she was annoyed with me. It made me sort of scared inside, but my whole body hurt! She should be nicer to me!

I laid down in my bed of blankets. Paige shut off the lights, and sat in her bed. I saw her open her laptop. She put on Netflix, and chose a horror movie.

I quickly looked away, closed my eyes, and covered my ears. She's doing this because she's mad at me, isn't she?

I turned to look at the screen again. My eyes were glued to it, and I couldn't look away.

The movie was about this creature in the dark. And it tried to get you when there was no light.

I had this awful feeling in the pit of my stomach. It made me feel scared and sick at the same time. What if that thing is in Paige's bedroom? What if it's hiding under her bed? Wait! I'm right next to her bed! What if it tries to get me!?

There was a scream in the movie, and I started to scream loudly too. I jumped up on Paige's bed, landing on top of her and her laptop. I rolled over to the wall, and curled into a ball, starting to cry. Paige paused the movie, and shined her flashlight on me.

"What the heck did you do that for?" Paige asked, annoyed.

"S-sorry," I whimpered.

"You could've cracked my laptop screen or broken the keyboard!"

"I-I'm s-sorry," I whimpered again.

"Go sleep in your own bed."

"No, please, Paige!"

"Riker."

I sighed, shakily, and slid off her bed. I pulled my blankets over my head, hoping that would protect me from that creature in the dark.

I was doing my best to hold in my tears, but I was terrified! My whole body hurts really bad, and it's like Paige doesn't even care about me anymore! I knew this would happen! This is what always happens! People pretend to like me, and then they smash my heart to pieces! I'm not good enough for anyone! I'm too pathetic and fat and ugly and...

I deserve to die.

I don't even know why Paige would save me after I got pushed off the bridge. If she didn't care, she should've just let me drown, and she would never have to see me again. And neither would my family. They wouldn't care anyways. All I do is hide up in my bedroom, and nobody ever comes to check on me or talk or anything.

Macy was right. My scars are ugly, I'm fat, and nobody will ever love me. Paige lied to me. She doesn't love me. But I love her.

I just can't do this anymore.

I pulled the blankets off of me, almost trying to will that creature in the dark to come eat me. I simply didn't care anymore. Nobody cares about me, and if I can help that creature out by letting it eat me, then fine with me.

My eyes went to the computer screen.

Paige POV

My eyes caught Riker's, looking at my computer. He honestly looks terrified. I shouldn't have been so mean to him. I'm just sort of annoyed with him at the moment...

I paused the movie, and looked down at Riker, who looked right back at me.

"Are you ok?" I asked.

He just nodded quickly, and pulled the blankets up to his chin.

"Do you want to sleep up here with me?"

He shook his head no, and turned away from me, covering his face with his hands.

I sighed, and shut my computer. I pushed it away from me, and laid down, finding a comfortable position.

I figured I'd talk to Riker tomorrow about all this.