Chapter 56 : Love

A/N : Last chapter! ;)

Chapter 56

Later...

Paige POV

I was so sore by the time I actually got into bed. Riker gave me some pain pills, and then carried me upstairs to bed. It was actually kind of strange. Usually I'm in Riker's spot, and he's in mine. But now our roles are reversed.

And I feel like he's been acting differently. In a good way. I feel like he's... calmer or something...

We found out that they arrested Macy, and Riker wasn't in any trouble for knocking her out because it was self defense. I could tell he still felt bad for doing it though. He's just a genuinely nice person...

Riker set me down in his bed, and got in beside me. I cuddled into his chest, and he wrapped his arms around me.

"Night, Riker..."

"It's actually morning..."

"Who cares? I'm tired... Night..."

"Night..."

Later...

Paige POV

When I woke up, it was about noon. Riker was still asleep, so I woke him up.

"Hey... You feeling any better?" Riker asked.

"A little... Still kind of sore, though..."

"Yeah... I know what it's like..."

He wrapped his arms around me slightly tighter.

"You know... I never thought last night would turn out how it did..."

"What do you mean?"

"Riker, when I saw you out the window, and then I heard you upstairs, I thought we were both doomed."

"Why?"

"Because when you get scared, you just curl up in a ball and cry. You don't fight."

"Yeah... But I needed to get you back."

"So?"

"So I had to fight. Even if I was scared. Which I was... A lot..."

I sighed.

"Well I'm just surprised."

"Rydel told me to find my inner bravery. And I think maybe you bring out my inner bravery."

Riker sat up, still keeping his arms around me.

"I love you..." Riker whispered.

"I love you too, Rik."

"Do you think I got messed up because of all this?"

"What do you mean?"

"In my head?"

"No... I think you're a little calmer, actually..."

"I don't really feel so crazy and freaked out inside..."

"Maybe it's because Macy's in jail now. I mean... What else do you have to worry about?"

"Losing you..."

"Rik... You're not going to lose me. Especially not after you just saved my life from Macy."

I cuddled into his chest more.

"I love you, Riker. And I'm not leaving anytime soon. Don't worry."

"Promise?"

"I promise, Riker."

He sighed in relief, and pulled away a little bit. Our eyes locked, and we both leaned in. Our lips met, and I felt sparks just like every time I kissed him.

We pulled away, and Riker hugged me again. I laughed a little.

"What?" Riker asked.

"I don't know. I just feel like you can't get close enough to me or something."

"I'm just glad I didn't lose you..."

I smiled.

"I love you, Rik."

"I love you too."

He kissed me again. Finally everything was perfect.

The end.

A/N : So... That's the end... Let me know if you guys want a sequel. And if you do, feel free to leave comments about what you want the sequel to be about. I need plot ideas if you want a sequel. Thank you so much for reading, voting, and especially commenting. I love you guys! ~Kylie