Chapter 20 : Tied up

Chapter 20

Riker POV

"R-Ross! P-please d-don't!"

He'd tied me up in our basement. Nobody was home, and nobody could hear my screams.

"P-please don't," I whimpered.

I was tied to a chair, so I couldn't do much. My hands were behind my back, and my feet were tied together. What would Paige want me to do? Fight back? I can't! I'm tied up, and I'm not strong enough!

I got slapped hard across the face. I winced in pain, trying to think of some way out.

I was trying to wiggle my one hand out of the rope. I got slapped again, on the other side this time, and I pulled my hand out.

I slapped my brother, and he stumbled back a few feet, obviously surprised. With one hand out, I easily got my other hand out too. I jumped up, but my feet were tied together. I didn't get very far before Ross tackled me to the floor, and pinned my hands above my head hard. He was pressing on my cuts. Even though I hadn't cut in a few days, my wrists weren't healed yet.

I struggled underneath him, knowing there was no way I could win. Unless...

I managed to knee him in between his legs. He groaned, and rolled to the side, off of me. I quickly got my legs free, and ran up the basement stairs. I ran out the front door, crashed straight into Paige, and sent us both flying down to the grass.

"Whoa! Riker-"

"We need to go, ok!? We have to run!"

I grabbed her hand, and pulled her up. We took off running down the street towards her house. Once we got there, we went into the basement, and I collapsed on her bed, breathing hard.

"What happened?" Paige asked.

"I... He... I need... to catch... my breath..."

After I caught my breath, I explained to Paige how I spilled my drink on purpose, and how Ross tied me up and hit me.

"So... you fought back?" Paige asked.

"Yeah... I did, didn't I?"

I was slightly proud with myself, but that feeling went away quickly.

"I... I hurt my baby bro..."

"Riker, he was hurting you."

I sighed, and bit my lip.

"That was an awful first date, wasn't it?" I asked, quietly.

"No... It was fine. I didn't really care that you spilt your drink on me. And if we forget about what just happened, the date wasn't that bad."

"So... you're still my girlfriend?"

"Yeah."

"Ok... Good."

I felt so relieved.

"Just one question."

Oh no...

"Why'd you give in to your brother's threats?"

"I had to! Otherwise he'll do something worse!"

"Riker, next time, ignore him, ok?"

"No! I can't!"

"Riker, don't, ok? Show him you're not scared of him."

"But... I am scared of him."

"Well pretend you're not! Pretend in front of him. Otherwise he'll just keep hurting you."

"I'll try..."