Chapter 25 : Gone missing

Chapter 25

Later...

Riker POV

I was starting to feel really anxious and guilty about lying to Paige. It's her house after all!

What if she gets mad and breaks up with me!? And I know Ross probably isn't going to hurt me anymore, but he was only part of my problems! I still feel like I want to cut and starve myself. And I want to get help. I want to get better. And if Paige breaks up with me, I don't know if I'll be able to make it through without going back to my old ways...

Ross seemed to be doing better... Sort of...

I'd made him drink a glass of water every hour to try to flush whatever he took out of his system. And it seemed to be working... Maybe...

Ross didn't really have time to do anything besides sit in the bathroom all day. Either he was peeing or he was throwing up. He'd even brought some blankets in there with him.

The bathroom door was open right now, and Ross was laying on the floor, looking miserable.

My mind went back to Paige. I have 2 more nights, aka 3 more days, and then Paige is back. She's going to be so mad!

"Riker?"

I looked towards my baby bro.

"What's up?"

"Do you think you could go home and get me a change of clothes? I literally can't stop sweating, and I feel disgusting."

"Yeah. But um... What if mom asks about you?"

"Tell her you don't know anything."

"She's going to be really worried. What if she like... calls the police or something?"

"Fine, then... tell her... I'm staying with you at a friend's, ok?"

"Ok. Do you need anything before I leave?"

"Um... Maybe a hug?"

"That's the Ross I know."

I got up, and hugged him.

"I'll be back as soon as I can, ok?"

"Yeah."

"Alright. See you in probably like 10 minutes."

I got my shoes on, and then walked home. I knocked on the front door, and mom answered.

"Riker! Do you know where your brother is!?"

"Who?"

"Ross!"

"Um... Yeah... He's staying with me at my friend's house."

"Oh thank goodness! I was so worried!"

My mom hugged me tight.

"I need to see Ross," Macy said, walking over to us.

Oh crap... I didn't even know she was at my house.

"Riker knows where he is," mom said.

"Um... Riker is busy at the moment!" I said, running up the stairs.

I grabbed a bag, and shoved some clean clothes and pajamas in it for Ross. I was about to leave when Macy stopped me in the doorway.

"Where do you think you're going?" Macy asked.

"Um... I-I have s-somewhere to be."

"Not yet, you don't. What did Ross tell you?"

"N-nothing! I have to go!"

I tried to get past her, but she blocked me, and then shut my bedroom door.

"Sit down on the bed."

I put down the bag, and sat on my bed, nervously. She walked over, and grabbed the front of my shirt tight, pulling me closer to her face.

"Listen here, Lynch. You will take me to where Ross is, or I'm going to break you."

I swallowed nervously. I'm in trouble now!

"W-won't m-my mom h-hear you?"

"Are you going to take me to Ross, or not?"

"N-no."

"Come with me. You say one word, and you'll be sorry."

She grabbed my wrist really tight, and I whimpered. My cuts still hurt! Her nails are digging into them really painfully!

She pulled me downstairs, and out the door. She pushed me into the backseat of her car, and locked me in. She got in the front, and then started driving. I quickly put on my seat belt. What's going to happen to me now!?

Paige POV

"Riker's going to be so happy we're coming back early. And I'm a little worried about him. He sounded weird on the phone. But maybe he's just all nervous or something," I told my sister.

Right now, we were sitting on the plane to go back home. Our mini family emergency had been quickly taken care of.

"So you really like this boy, don't you?"

"I do... I mean... At first, I just wanted to help him get better. But once I got to know him, and see his personality... I just fell hard for him. He's so sweet and adorable. I don't know how people could not love him! And I was actually a little worried because he's going through a lot right now. I didn't want to bring up the whole dating thing, and tell him how I felt. But he told me he liked me first, and we kissed and... Now we're sort of together..."

"I think that's really cute though."

"He's just such a sweetheart... And he gets so scared sometimes..."

"Oh my gosh, when we get home, you should try to scare him."

"I'm not going to do that! He's already scared enough with things going on in his life. If I snuck downstairs, and tried to scare him, he might have a panic attack or something!"

"Alright, alright, fine..."

I laid back in my seat. We'd only taken off about an hour ago, and we still had a few more hours left to go. By the time we got back, it'd probably be really late, and Riker might be asleep by then...

Ross POV

Where the heck is Riker? He said 10 minutes! It's been almost an hour!

If I didn't feel so awful, and I wasn't throwing up so much, I'd go march over to my house and get the clothes myself.

But where is Riker? What if mom's interrogating him or something?

Maybe he got roped into staying for dinner. But it was late. It was almost 8:30.

Who even knows!?

I can't even call him. I don't have a phone anymore. I guess I'll just have to sit here and wait...