Chapter 37 : Ross

Chapter 37

Later...

Paige POV

"Riker, you have to wake up. I let you sleep a little because you weren't feeling well. But now you have to get up," I said, shaking his shoulder.

"Why?" He whined.

"Because you'll never get to sleep tonight, and also, your parents called a family meeting. It's during dinner, which is in a few minutes. I thought I'd wake you up a few minutes early so that you could fix your hair and um... put a shirt on, not that I'm complaining."

"It was just really hot."

"I know."

"Why are they having a family meeting?"

"I don't know. Now come on. Get up."

"Help me?"

"Ugh, Riker..."

I grabbed his hands, and pulled him out of bed. I handed him his shirt, and he put it on. We walked downstairs together, holding hands. I sat down in a chair next to Riker. He inched his chair closer to mine until they were touching. And then he grabbed my hand under the table.

Mrs.Lynch had already put all the food on the table. The rest of Riker's siblings and Mr.Lynch gathered around the table. Even Rocky. He looked really upset and depressed though.

"I want everyone to start eating first, and then after a few minutes, the family meeting will begin," Mr.Lynch said.

I could feel Riker tensing up next to me. He didn't put any food on his plate.

"Riker, what's wrong?" I whispered.

"Not hungry..."

"Riker, please eat. Even if it's just a little bit."

"I don't feel well. My stomach..."

"I know. But please? For me?"

"Fine..."

I put some food on my plate too. Once we'd all started eating, Mr.Lynch spoke again.

"So I went to the police station today. I have some more news on Ross."

Even though I barely knew Ross, I still felt my heart rate go up because I was nervous. I felt bad for Ross. And I hoped he was ok.

"They didn't find Macy yet. But they found Ross."

Everyone froze. All eyes were on Mr.Lynch.

"Is he ok!?" Riker burst out.

"Not exactly. They couldn't tell me much. They said when they found him, he was in critical condition. He's in the hospital on life support right now. He may not make it through the night. He lost a lot of blood. So after we eat, we're heading to the hospital to donate some blood and possibly say goodbye to him."

Nobody was really eating or moving anymore. It was like they were all frozen zombies. I think everyone was just trying to hold everything in. Riker however looked like he was going to explode. And he did.

He started sobbing. And a second later, he jumped up, and ran upstairs. I heard a door slam.

"I'm going to go check on him," I said, quietly, standing up.

I quickly walked upstairs after getting nods from his parents. I tried the doorknob, but it was locked. I knocked.

"Riker, open up, please."

"No!"

"Riker, please?"

"I said, no!"

I was starting to get desperate. I don't want him to hurt himself. He can't control his emotions right now, and this situation is getting dangerous.