Chapter 10 : Mental Breakdown

Chapter 10

Riker POV

I got home, and mom and Ross were waiting for me.

"Here's a list. Try to hurry so I can start cooking," mom said, handing me the shopping list.

The store was pretty much just down the street, so we could walk. Ross and I left, and started walking. I walked behind him, trying to stay out of his way in case he was going to try to do something to me.

We got to the store. I ripped the list in half.

"Here. You get this half, I'll get the other half," I said, handing him half of the list.

"How about we make this more interesting? If I win, we get to have a wrestling match. If you win, we don't. Deal?"

I nodded.

"Ok. Go."

Ross took off. So did I. I had to find everything before he did! I have to win! I don't want to get hurt!

Later...

Paige POV

My phone buzzed. It's a text from Riker.

"I know it's kind of late, but can I come over?"

"Yeah, of course."

"Ok. Thanks. Be there in 2 minutes."

I went upstairs, and sat on the front steps, waiting for Riker. It was almost 11:30. I was wondering why he wanted to come over so late.

I saw him walking down the road. He looked like he was limping. I was slightly confused, but happy he was coming here. I knew if he was here, he'd be safe.

When he got closer, I saw he was wearing pajamas. He was wearing black and white plaid pajama pants, and a black long sleeved shirt.

When he got to my driveway, I stood up. And when he came over to me, I saw he was crying.

"Riker, what happened!? Are you ok?"

I gently pulled him to me in a hug. He hugged me back, and cried into my shoulder. I rubbed his back lightly with my hands.

"Let's go inside, ok?"

"Ok..."

I led him down to my room. We sat down in my bean bag chairs.

"Do you want to tell me what happened? You're limping, and you have a black eye."

"I c-can't t-tell you. O-otherwise... b-beatings."

"Riker, you can tell me. I can help you. Please."

He covered his face with his hands. I moved closer to him, and put my arm around his shoulder.

"Riker, please. I can't help you unless you tell me what happened."

"I g-got b-beat up."

"By who?"

"M-my b-brother. P-please d-don't t-tell!"

"I won't! It's ok, Riker."

He turned to face me, and cuddled into my side. His head fell down into my lap, and he started sobbing.

"Riker, are you going to be in trouble by being here?"

"N-no. I t-told m-my mom I w-was s-staying at a f-friend's h-house. A-and if y-you d-don't want m-me here, I c-can j-just go s-sleep o-outside..."

"Riker, you can totally stay here. You can stay here whenever you need to, ok?"

He nodded, and covered his face with his hands again.