Today (5)

Lisa was wearing her hair in a neat top bun. She has a black apron over her white uniform. June was standing by the restroom's door and was just looking straight at her. Both of them were silent. He was waiting for her to say something, but she didn't. It made him really uncomfortable.

"I – I need to get back to Jinhwan hyung. Excuse me, Stink – "

Lisa held his hand to stop him from going anywhere.

"Chanwoo asked me to be his girlfriend."

He couldn't talk for a moment because he was surprised with what she said. It also made his hands feel numb.

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Should I say yes?" Lisa asked.

"Why should I decide for you?"

"I – I don't know."

There was a moment of silence between them. He didn't understand what she was thinking.

June flicked her forehead with his finger and said, "Pabo. Just go with him. You wanted him ever since."

Lisa held his hand tighter and asked, "How about you? What do you want?"

June was surprised with her question and how serious her face looked. He replied, "Nothing."

"Then why are you here?"

"Like I told you, I just ran an errand nearby and Jinhwan hyung and Rose noona saw me. That's it."

Lisa looked at their hands. The way his hand felt against her made her want to believe that maybe he's just afraid and that maybe he wants her too. She hated the feeling that she was desperate for him to fight for her even when she's not really sure of he feels for her.

June noticed how close her face was to his chest. He could feel her breathing.  He could see how unhappy she was with his answer. He looked at her eyes and said, "What do you want me to say?"

Lisa froze because she doesn't really know what exactly she wanted him to say. She just wanted him to say anything that would make her feel like everything she thought they shared together is not an illusion. 

She looked at their intertwined hands again and asked, "Tell me why you're holding my hand too. Tell me to stay."

He let go of her hands when he realized how tight he was holding her hand. He leaned closely to her face which made Lisa nervous.

He whispered, "I'm sorry. I really am, but I can't."

Lisa was hurt. She felt stupid for wanting him so bad at that moment. She despised how she had such strong feelings for someone who couldn't fight for her. It made her want to cry. June walked away from her, but before he could go far, she made sure that he heard her saying, "You're a coward!"

June didn't look back at her and just continued walking towards their table. Jinhwan was asking what took him so long in the restroom. June apologized and reached for his Hershey's Special Coolers.

"I'm sorry, but my mom is already looking for me." He lied and continued, "Thank you for this Jinhwan hyung. I have to go."

He then went outside before Jinhwan could even say goodbye. Rose knew that something might have happened with Lisa, but Jinhwan scratched his head and said, "That punk!"