Drew imagine for MultiFandomTiders

Renate's pov~

"Babe, come here!!"

"K." I got up from my spot on the concrete and walked over to the boys.

Today, Drew and I went to the skate park with Austin, Levi, and Nate. While the boys skated around, I sat on the side watching them goof around with an earbud in my ear, blasting my playlist.

"What's up?" I asked, standing next to Drew as he wrapped his arm around my waist.

"How come your not skating with us?" Nate asked.

I soon became embarrassed. None of the guys knew I couldn't skate, not even Drew.
I knew Austin was still getting the hang of it, but he could ACTUALLY skate. I could barely even keep my balance on the board.

"Um well, I uh...I don't...really know how," I stuttered in embarrassment, not making eye contact with any of the boys.

"What?" They said in sync causing me to look away in embarrassment. I bet my cheeks were really red right now.

"That's it. We're teaching you," Drew stated.

"Babe, I don't really know," I said, completely unsure of the idea.

"Come on, Renate, it'll be fun. Besides, if you fall, we promise one of us will catch you if not Drew," Austin replied.

I took a deep breathe, looking up at Drew to see him looking down at me with pleading eyes.

God, I hate it when he gives me the puppy dog eyes!!!

"Okay, I'll give it a try," I gave in.

I started off by trying to balance myself on Drew's board while Drew stood behind and the guys stood in front and on the sides of me in case I fell. I ended fell falling a few times, but I easily caught myself.

When it came to the part of actually skating, I was so scared, I was shaking of nervousness.

"Okay, Renate, remember what to do?" Levi asked as I put one of my feet on the board.

"Push off the ground, keep my feet evenly on the board, barely lean to turn, and make sure to keep my balance," I repeated the words the boys practically glued into my head.

"Okay, I think you're ready to give it a shot," Nate grinned at me then looking at the boys.

"It's gonna be okay, Renate. If you fall, I promise I will catch," Drew reminded me, as I squeezed his hand.

I nodded my head, letting go of Drew's hand. I looked down at the board one more time, taking in a deep breath. I looked back up and kicked off. I repeated what to do in my head as I did each one.

I started kicked off the ground again to gain speed, but my foot slipped and I was soon falling off the board. I felt a sharp pain shoot through my ankle. I waited from my body to collide with the hard cement, but I was caught in a pair of arms, my hands instantly grabbing onto the arm that was across my chest.

"You're okay, babe. I got you," Drew said as he stood me up straight, his arms not moving from around me.

"Renate, are you okay?" Austin asked as the rest of the boys came over to us.

"Yeah I'm fine, " I said, "Ahh," I winced when I tried to lay my foot flat on the ground.

"Are you okay? Did you get hurt?" he started asking me.

"It's just my ankle. I think I twisted it or something," I said in pain.

"I guess skateboarding's not really your thing, huh?" he joked, obviously trying to lighten the mood.

"Yeah, I guess," I giggled.

"Alright, let's go and get that checked out," Nate said, gesturing to my ankle.

We all nodded our heads before we all started walking to the car. Well, the guys walked, Drew insisted on caring me on his back so I didn't put pressure on my ankle and make it worse.

Drew was clearly right, skateboarding is definitely NOT my thing.

Hope you liked it, Renate. I'm really sorry if the ending wasn't really exactly what you wanted.

Love ya, Tiders💙🌊