The Visits

Alison's POV

I've been in hiding for too long and it feels like such a long time since I last saw Emily. The last time was when they all found out that I was still alive, I will never forget Emily's face when she saw me because I felt the exact same. All this time that I've been in "hiding" I've had the chance to think things through and I've  finally came to realisation that after all these years, I felt the exact same as Emily and yet I pushed her away and made her feel like her feelings were totally one sided, and telling her that our kisses were just practice for the real thing. How I lied...

It's so dangerous but I have to go see her and try and explain a few things... If she'll let me.

Emily's POV

I knew after all this time that Alison was alive, I knew it. At first when we found out she was 'dead' I started to believe it but something inside me always knew she was alive. I told everybody, even Maya that she was still alive, nobody like Alison would ever die. She was never really dead, she was always there in my heart. I missed her so much but I was so angry with her with how much she put us through and breaking my heart. I feel like if I saw her I wouldn't be able to control what I say but at the same time I just wanted to hold her so close and never let her get away again.
Even though Maya was my girlfriend, my first girlfriend for that matter and I did love her quite a lot considering we only knew each other for a short amount of time but nothing, nothing would be able to masquerade my feelings for Ali. She was my first love and my love for her would never lessen no matter what she has put me through because even though I was at a low point in my life she also made it one of the best, so my mind was constantly contradicting itself which could only means she's the one, she's the one I want to be in a relationship with for the rest of my life, and I like I said... I knew she wasn't dead.

------------

As I was getting ready for bed something made me look across to my bookshelves, the first thing my eyes fell upon was an old journal that belonged to Ali. I walked over to it and picked it up gently and admired her name that was written in her beautiful handwriting on the front. This was full of her emotions, good and bad memories.  I must have read it a ridiculous amount of times but it reminded me of the good old days. I decided to go to bed early that night and read again what Ali had wrote, and after a good few hours of non stop reading I could feel myself slowly dropping off to sleep and once again I went to sleep that night with Ali on my mind. I had all the good times we had together playing on repeat, as well as all the fights and arguments we had, whether they were over pathetic little things or something big that could've potentially ended our friendship, we always got through them so that we could continue making those good memories.

When I woke up in the morning I remembered falling asleep thinking about her, but I could also remember something else... Something different that I've never experienced before yet it felt strangely real. I saw Alison last night. I can remember waking up because I heard my window open, I didn't move for a while because I was scared that A would be stood there but after holding my breath for way too long I slowed turned onto my back to see the silhouette of a beautiful girl standing at the end of my bed frame. As my eyes began to adjust slightly I realised that the beautiful girl stood in front of me was the girl I fell in love with. 

"Alison?" I asked whilst I rubbed my eyes to make sure that I wasn't dreaming. 

"Emily... You have no idea how much I've missed you" she said with a shy and uncertain laugh. I was so confused, how could she say that she was missing me when she was the one that left me all alone. 

"Missed me? I've been here the whole time. You're the one that's been gone".

"Please don't be mad" she said and looked down to her feet but now that she was here in front of me I couldn't stop the words from coming out. I kept telling her that it was her fault for leaving me and the girls, that she was the one who brought this all on herself.  This was her decision to leave me, to leave us, and she was the one saying she missed us. I told her how I felt, I let the words spill but she wouldn't back down.

"You chose this, you chose this for you, you chose this for us". I could feel myself beginning to get angry.

"I know you're upset. I know I hurt you the most but I wanna explain..." I cut her off quickly, if she explained then I would only end up feeling more guilty than I already was.

"But you can't" I stated bluntly not even giving her eye contact.

"But I can, I have to, I owe that to you... You have no idea what I've been through".  She was definitely right. 

"You're right, I don't and you have no idea what we've been though either" I snapped.

"I saved your life, twice! I risked everything for you" she tried to defend herself but I wasn't having it. 

"You destroyed me, okay?! I thought you were dead!" I shouted back and finally locked onto her eyes. That's when I saw the hurt and all the pain, her bright blue eyes no longer glistening, in stead they're dull and glazed over with tears.

"But I'm not... Aren't you glad that I'm not?" was all she could say, I just didn't know what to do or say. Her eyes diverted to the side of the bed where her journal had fell once I fell asleep.

"I remember writing this. You and me, at the kissing rock. I thought I was being smart locking it up in a journal, but they took everything didn't they?" she scoffed and just looked so sad.

"Who Ali? Who took everything?  Who's after you?" I asked her so precisely. I always saw the best version of her but after this I'm not so sure, why would she run away and leave us, why would she play with my feelings? I kept asking my self all these questions but none of them would be answered.

"I don't know. I bet you're wondering which girls real? The girl in front of you or the one who wrote that?... So am I. That's why I need you, you always saw the best version of me, the person I want to be"

" I don't see that anymore". I was just being honest. For a few seconds she looked like she had given up, like she had lost all hope but she looked at my wrist and saw the bracelet that she gave me.

"You still wear it?" She asked in a more cheery tone and gently held my wrist and run her soft fingers across the bracelet but that's all I can remember. 

Was it all real? Did I really see Alison last night or was my mind just playing tricks on me?

Days and weeks passed until Shana met with me and told me that Alison wanted to meet with me. Tonight. I made sure that this was not some kind of wind up, Shana told me things that only Ali and I knew. It was time to get ready.

Alison's POV

I had to meet with Emily and get her trust back. I needed her the most. She really is my favourite. I found some sort of basement area that I asked Shana to bring Emily to. I just wanted a chance to explain things. I could hear Emily shouting my name. All of a sudden this beautiful girl appeared in front of me.

"It's really you?" Em said so shocked.

"Yeah, I've missed you so much". We looked eachother up and down and then hugged. I never wanted the hug to end. "You have no idea how hard it's been to stay away"

"Then don't anymore. Let me help you. We can go to the police or your parents". I quickly cut Emily off, she cares way too much for me.

" I wish I could. I just don't know who I can trust". I could trust Emily, that's the reason I wanted to see her. I needed her help.

"You can trust me. Spencer, Aria.."

"I know I can trust you Em. I'm just not sure about them". 

"Why?" I've never met anybody who cares about me as much as Emily.

"You never stopped caring about me did you? Even after everything I put you through. You don't know how much I regret hurting you. If I could do it all over again things would be so different". Everything I ever felt was slowly pouring out to Emily. She could see my vulnerable side.

"Who's doing this to you? Tell me who you're hiding from!"

"I thought I knew but I was wrong, that's why I need you Em! Help me find A so I can come home!"

"So that's who you thought tried to kill you?". And just before I had chance to respond, I heard a noise coming from somewhere. Somebody was there and knew I was there. I had to leave, I took one last look at Emily before the lift moved. I wish she never told anybody.