Scars

Emily's POV

As we were cuddled up in bed, Alison put her leg on mine. She was wearing shorts and I saw something on her leg.

"Alison?"

"Yeah babe?" She responded.

"What's that on your leg?" I questioned.

"Oh nothing" she moved her leg away.

"I thought we were having no more secrets? You have to tell me Ali"

She moved to be able to show me her scar that looked deep.

"Did they do this?"

"Yeah"

"I will never let anybody hurt you ever again. You got that?"

"I don't deserve you Em"

"Why?!" I decided to question.

"You're always the first thing I think of when I wake up and you're the last thing I think of before I sleep. You're always there, you're the reason why I'm here Em. After everything I put you through, I don't deserve your love but you give it to me anyway. Even after an argument you always chase after me instead of letting me suffer on my own. We suffer together. You're the only one I can be truly honest with. You give me more than I could ever dream of. I wouldn't ever want to be with anybody else. I just can't believe that you're mine after all that I've done"

Of course I was crying. Typical Emily.

"I can't believe that you're mine. Always dreamt of being with you. I think you meant that I don't deserve you. You're so quick to forgive, I just told you something that could destroy a couple in seconds but you're so quick to give second chances. And you know what? You've just shown me your scar, now I want you to share mine with you. I don't really have any scars but over all these years has felt like scars, I've been cut so deep that it's left me gasping for air. So much has happened and it's felt like somebody has stabbed me 100 times continually. The pills were my way of coping, I'd forget everything. I was happy to forget everything even if it was for a few minutes, nothing hurt anymore. I became addicted and I fought it away, I fought the addiction and it's scarred me for life. That's always going to be a part of me, just like you are. Scars are proof that you're a fighter and we both have them, yours physically and mine mentally and emotionally. We're fighters Ali"

I had now made Alison cry. This was what I missed, the cute and romantic side to us.