Moments

Emily's POV

I continuously kept reading Alison's letter, either when I was on my own or when the girls were around. The girls kept visiting to make sure I was coping. The truth is I wasn't. There was so many times when I needed her desperately and cried myself to sleep. But, I felt her kiss my head and dry my eyes in the night. She was still here, maybe not in reality but in my heart.

I heard a knock on the door and it was the girls. We sat down and talked about her. The kids were sleeping, it was going to break my heart the day that I tell them.

"I'm honestly so scared that I'm going to forget what she looks like. The way she smelt, the way she smiled, the way she'd squeal when she was excited and happy. I can't help but feel guilty, I told her that it was okay to go, maybe she'd still be here if I hadn't of said let go" I felt the tears roll down my face.

"You have to forgive yourself. She'd want you to be so happy and to do everything you want to do. She wants you to not be sad anymore" Aria replied.

"I just miss her"

"You know if we remember them. They're not really dead. Keep her in your heart"

"She always will be, she's with her mom and her family" I smiled at the thought of her being reunited with them. The girls came closer to me and wrapped their arms around me.

"Guys do you mind watching the kids for me whilst I go out and do something?" I asked directing all 3 girls.

"Of course" Spencer replied.

I grabbed my coat and went back to Rosewood High. The first place I went to was the locker room, I kept overplaying how Alison made in feel in that second but then I realised I married her, she changed for the better. I traced my fingers over her locker. I went to the library where we spent most of our time together. I just remember her being sat there reading Great Expectations. The kiss was everything to me and I was so lucky my first kiss was with her. When everybody left Rosewood High, we all wrote our initials on a shelf, I found mine and Alison's. I traced my fingers over her initials and drew a heart. Because that's where she'd always be, in my heart.

It was moments like this that made me realise just how lucky I was.