A Thousand Years

Third Person POV

The girls were snuggled up in bed watching films. 

"How great did that go with Pam?!" Alison sounded more excited about how well the date went than Emily did.

"I'm so happy she's finally accepting  of us. I feel like nothing can get in our way anymore. I just want every moment with you to be so special".

"Well you know how well our date went with Pam? Why don't we go on our own little date or something... maybe bowling or skating?"

"That sounds amazing and I think we should go skating, it just seems more romantic. So tomorrow?" Alison nodded her head.

Emily kissed Alison's forehead as they drifted off into a nice sleep. They needed it after all, tomorrow they would be skating all night long.

Tomorrow came and the girls arrived at the skating center. But little did they know it was just a dancing venue.

"This doesn't seem like a skating center!" Emily seemed confused.

"That's because it isn't. I wanted to do something so much more romantic. You deserve it Em"

The smile that came across Emily's face was a picture.

"But I'm dressed so casual! I need a dress"

"Well it's a good job I brought your favourite dress then isn't it Fields?! Let's go get changed".

As soon as they returned back everybody was ready to start dancing.

An announcers voice overpowered the music being played. "It's time for a slow dance. Go careful with these dresses on ladies!"  Christina Perri - A Thousand Years (Part 2) began to play.

Alison's POV

I took Emily's hand as we stepped foot onto the dance-floor. We took the skates off and decided to properly slow dance. The whole scenery was so magical, the lights had been brought down. Gold fairy lights were lit up and on each of the tables had candles lit. Rose petals were thrown onto the floor to make the whole night romantic. Emily's eyes began to water as soon as she heard the lyrics 'The day we met. Frozen I held my breath. Right from the start I knew that I'd found the home for my heart-beats fast...'

"Em. Why are you crying?" I really hated seeing her so upset.

"It's just this song, it reminds me of us. I can't believe you did this for me"

I began to sing the lyrics into her ears 'time stands still, beauty in all she is'. I took a step back to look at this beautiful girl that I had the privilege to call mine. I couldn't help but smile and look her up and down for a good few seconds.

"I did it for us. I won't let anybody take you away from me. I'm not going anywhere. I promise".

"I've loved you for a thousand years Ali and I will love you for a thousand more. I always believed that I would find you again. Time really has brought your heart to me"

Now Emily had made me cry. This truly was our song. We kept swaying back and forth to the song. I really couldn't keep my eyes off her. As the instrumental music began to play I twirled Emily around, and then dipped her.

"We're one step closer to our happy ever after Emily Fields".

I could hear Emily's lungs rapidly expand and contract. I decided to pull out a ring that I've been wanting to give Emily for a long time. I gave the ring to her and she looked so confused.

"It's a promise ring Em. I promise that one day soon we're going to marry eachother and we're going to have the life we always wanted. I want everything with you. I'll be walking by your side forever"

She started to cry with happiness. I held her so close.

Emily's POV

This whole dance made me fall in love with Alison all over again. The way she lead the way and how she kept looking at me the entire time. I cried as soon as the song started because it reminded me of mine and Alison's relationship. I've loved her for a thousand years. She made me feel so much. I had the most biggest butterflies in my stomach ever. The ring was pretty much the icing on the cake, it was so thoughtful and it just proved how serious she was about us. I was so in love with Alison.

"We're one step closer to our happy ever after Emily Fields"

The way she smiled at me. The way her eyes were twinkling. The way she had to keep swallowing the lump in her throat. Her eyes never left me for a second. Even if the hottest guy walked in the room I feel like she would never look twice. I was no longer afraid.

"I'm no longer afraid. Thank you. Thank you for this and for everything".

"I want this moment to last forever. I'm just so lucky. I love you Emily Fields"

"I'm the lucky one. I love you more Alison DiLaurentis"

I never wanted this night to end. She set the whole thing up and I don't think I'll ever be able to describe the way I felt tonight. Everything was perfect.