Searching

Emily's POV

Ali's funeral went as good as a funeral could go, of course no funeral is good and I didn't really want to be at the funeral of my wife but I had to pay my respects and show my love to her. I tried to read my speech but I broke down, I managed to finish it off but I doubt any body could hear me through my tears. I was a mess and I knew it. I would never be whole again because the love of my life was gone, we had worked so hard to get a solid relationship, then we got married and finally had our own kids. Life was great for the most part but then this happened and everything was torn away from me in one moment. I had asked my mom to look after the kids for a couple of days while I grieved at home by myself, that's all I wanted to do at the minutes. I sat alone in my car for a while as I tried to stop my tears so I could drive and then Spencer got into my passenger seat.

"I know this might not be a good time but I need to give you this" She told me and passed me an envelope with Ali's beautiful handwriting written on the front.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I don't know, she told me to give it to you so here I am". I looked down at the envelope and started to open it.

"Hey" Spencer said before I had time to open it fully. "I'm gonna let you read that alone okay? Stay safe for me and the girls" She told me and I nodded and thanked her. She wiped away a tear that was rolling down my face before she got out of my car. "It will all be okay" was the last thing she said before she shut the passenger door and left me alone.

I took out the note that was in the envelope and began to read

'Dear Emily,
Judging by the fact you're reading this I'm guessing something has happened to me and Spencer kept her word and gave you this. As you know I always wanted to be remembered but when we had the kids I realised I only want to be remembered by those who love and know me. So here I am giving you one final thing to remember me by.
Your first clue is 'go to where we first kissed'. There you will find another note and more instructions.
Love from Alison xxx'

I dried off my face and eyes after reading the note she had left for me and drove straight to the school. Thankfully because I had worked there in the past I still had a set of keys that I forgot to give back so that I could get inside without setting off all of the alarms. Once I was inside I ran to the library and found the aisle that me and Ali had our first kiss. I didn't know where to look next so I sat down and looked in front of me and that when I saw a book that stood out to me. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. I picked out the book and opened it up and out fell another envelope from the page that I remember the most. I opened up the note and read what she had to say next.

'Hopefully you have found this, not many kids read these books anymore so I hope that it will still be here when you come to find it. Anyway, I left this note on a page that is very special to us both. 'I loved her against reason, against promise, against peace, against hope, against happiness, against all discouragement that could be.'  I'm sure you can remember what happened next because I sure can. Lets not get distracted... your next clue, well all I can is I regret what I did here, I shouldn't have rejected you like I did. I love you Emily.
Alison xxx'

I walked down the corridor reading the note over and over again trying to convince myself that all of this was just a dream but it wasn't. When I got into the locker room I stood next to the lockers that me and Ali had but I couldn't think of where the note would be, I tried to get inside our old lockers but the combinations had been changed. I looked under the bench but again nothing so I stood on the bench and looked on top of the lockers. Bingo! There was another envelope on top of my old locker.

'If you have found this one well done! I didn't really really have any idea of where to put this one but I know you're smart and wouldn't stop looking until you found it. Here where you are standing now is where I made my biggest mistake, boy if I could go back and change how I reacted I would, because I am so in love with you Emily Fields and I want you to remember that for the rest of your life. Even if you do move on and find someone else please don't forget me, that's the one thing I ask of you. Nearly there now, one more clue and you can go back home.  I think you can guess where this is. This is a special place to us because this is where you asked me to spend the rest of my life with you... go find it Em!
Alison xxx'

I found myself at the kissing rock as quick as I could and looked down as where me and Ali wrote our names and there it was. She had somehow chiselled into the rock so that the envelope wouldn't be found by anyone but me.

'I guess you're wondering how I got this envelope inside this rock huh? You need to thank Toby for that one. Here is where you changed my life for good. You had already had a pretty dramatic effect on my life but this one question made me complete and I can't thank you enough for always coming back to me no matter what I put you through. You Emily Fields are my one true love and no one will ever take that away from me no matter where I am in the world, dead or alive, I will always be yours okay? I officially crying now as I write this so I'm gonna leave you with one last clue.
I want you to go and stand in our closet and look up, you should see what I am talking about. If not just have a rummage around, it will be there somewhere
Alison xxx'

I took the final drive back to my house about went up to Ali and I's  bedroom. It was so empty without her. Her hair and make up things were still on the dressing table from the day when we rushed out of the house to get to the beach quick, I didn't have the heart to put them away yet. I took a deep shaky breath and walked to the closet and did what she said. I looked up and saw a tin perched up on the top shelf. I lifted it off and placed it on the bed, the tin was covered of pictures of me and her on our honey moon in Paris that she had stuck on. I smiled at the memory and opened the tin. There was 3 envelopes, one was blank, one stated that I must not open and the third said that I must open it first so I did.

'I'm going to keep this one short but I just want you to know that no matter what I love you and I want you to carry your life on, even if I'm not by your side. I know you might not be feeling up to it but I have left you some money in the blank envelope that I have saved up, I want you to go out and buy yourself a plane ticket to Paris and promise me that you will not open the final envelope that is in this tin, until you get on top of the Eiffel Tower. Promise me Emily Fields?
Alison xxx'

"I promise you Alison"