Flashback

Third person POV

It had been a couple of days since the girls went on their little boat trip and since then no one had really done much. They went out for little walks around the town while the sun was setting but other than that they spent their time together at home watching TV and movies. It was getting late so Emily suggested that they go up to bed, Alison tried to persuade her girlfriend to watch one more episode of her favourite TV show but Emily said that she was too tired.
Alison pouted at Emily but she agreed that she was also quite tired so they walked up the stairs and got ready to go to sleep.

"I love sleeping next to you" Emily told Alison once they had settled down and wrapped their arms around one another.

"And I love sleeping next to you too"

Both of the girls laughed and leaned in for a long and passionate kiss.
"Good night, I love you" Emily said like she does every night.
"I love you too, good night"

Later that night Alison started to have some very vivid flashbacks in the form of a dream which made her toss and turn in the bed waking up Emily in the process.

"Hey Ali" she whispered but she was still fast asleep.

"Ali!" She said a little louder but she didn't get and response.

"Come here" Emily told Ali who was sleeping and gently lifted her up so that she was propped up against Emily's chest.

"Hey, hey it's okay, I've got you don't worry" she reassured the restless girl in her arms.

Suddenly Alison's eyes shot open and she started breathing really quick.
"Get off me!" She shouted
"It's me Ali, it's Emily. It's okay I've got you" Emily comforted and held her tight. Neither of them spoke for a while, while Alison tried to control her breathing .

"Are you okay? What was you dreaming about?" Emily questions.

"I just got some really vivid dreams about being back at Welby that's all, nothing much" she said trying to brush it off.

"It's not nothing, if it's bothering you then it's definitely something" Emily stated trying to prove her point.

"I just need to sleep" Alison said and gave a sad smile before sitting back down into the bed and under the covers.

"I love you" she told her girlfriend.

"I love you too"

Emily stayed awake all of that night making sure that she was going to be there for Alison if she was to have another one of her nightmares. Thankfully when morning come she hadn't had anymore that night and Alison woke up in an extremely happy mood considering what happened the previous night. Emily on the other hand was a bit cranky because of her lack of sleep but the sight of Ali happy made her happy.