Wayne Fields

Pam's POV

I hope that Toby's talk helped Emily in some way. I had some more shocking news to tell her and I knew it was going to kill her even more. I feel lost and have no care either. My husband, Emily's father passed way after an accident in the Army. I had no idea how I was ever going to tell Emily. I sent her a text and told her to come home as soon as she could.

Emily's POV

I came home to see my mom sat on the stairs crying. She stood up immediately as soon as she saw me and wiped her tears away.

"I don't want to argue so I'm just going to go to my room, I'll be out of the way"

"Emily no" My mom grabbed my arm and started crying again... "It's your father, he's p-passed away" I grabbed my mom so close to me and we cried until the tears would no longer come out.

"I-I can't believe it. He was fine a few days ago"

"A lot can change Emily. But we will manage. Together we can get through this"

"He's never gonna be able to kiss my forehead again, I'm never gonna get one of his hugs ever again. I'll never hear him say 'Emmy' again. I'll never get to hear his soothing voice or hear his laugh again" I just bursted out crying on my mom once again.

Now I really had no purpose anymore. I couldn't the point of living. I went to the bathroom and saw the pills. My hands were shaking, as if they were deciding whether to grab them or not. I took one, and then another, then another...

Weeks past and I felt no different. I decided to visit his gravestone and talk to him, seeing as it was the only way I could.

"I came home, mom told me the news and my heart broke, again. Everything we went through in high school, I thought we were done with disasters. The next semester, nothing made sense anymore, if you really are watching over me then I guess you know this already. I flunked two classes and they took my scholarship away. After that I couldn't go back there. I flew home that summer and I was ready to tell mom about everything but she was such a mess, and I couldn't do it. I know that I messed up, I'm going to fix it. I am fixing it!"

I walked away crying once again.