Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

      “Bye babe!” I said, smiling.

      “Bye Jules,” he said, holding me in his arms for what would be the last time for months.

      “I love you,” I said, as I let a tear escape from the corner of my eye. Damn it! It’s only one tear, nothing big. Pull yourself together- no crying!

      “I love you too,” he said, as standard response.

      “Jules! Let’s go!” I heard Adam yell.

      “Bye guys! Thanks for an awesome time out here! I’m gonna miss you all so much!” I said, to the crowd of friends I had spent the past week with. I slowly walked away towards Adam, leaving behind for the second time the only people who truly get me.

      Santa Monica was great! I saw my old friends, surfed, but most importantly I saw Josh again! I can’t believe I have to go! It was such a short visit!

      As I turned around, to wave to Josh one more time, I saw Cassandra kissing him. It was all happening so fast. My gut reaction was to run up, grab a random guy, and start making out. But I stopped myself. That’s something the old Julia would have done to get revenge on Josh. What would kissing a random dude do for me? Honestly, nothing. If Josh was kissing Cassandra, then sure it would make him a little jealous, but that’s it. No one would benefit from it- well maybe the random guy would.

      So instead, I did a very adult thing to do, and walked away. I whipped out my phone, got on Facebook, and did the only thing I could. Step No.1 Unfriend Josh- Check. Shit. Now that annoying Greyson Chance song is going through my head! Step No.2 Change relationship status to ‘Single’- Check. Step No.3 Update status to: I thought the word LOVE actually meant something. Guess not </3- Check. And Step No.4 Delete that bastard’s number- Check. And that is how Julia Tylers deals with an unofficial breakup. Classy and fierce.

      I didn’t let myself cry. What’s the use? Is crying going to change the fact that Josh just kissed another girl? No. What is crying going to do for me besides make my eyes all puffy, and show others that Julia Tylers indeed does have revelations of weakness? Nothing, that’s what. Besides, my name doesn’t even sound good with his last name. I took a deep breath, and continued walking towards Adam, who was in line to go through security.

      “You look mad,” he stated, as I joined him.

      “I am.”

      “What happened?”

      “Josh was kissing Cassandra.”

      “That son of a-”

      “Adam, we live three thousand miles apart, there’s no use in getting mad over someone I’m never going to see again,” I said, shaking my head. “But believe me, if we still lived here he would facing the demon sent straight from hell known as Julia Tylers.”

      “Good. Now we’re done with him. If he calls you, don’t pick up. If he texts you, don’t reply. If he tries anyway of reaching out to you, just don’t respond. I’ve dealt with enough clingy ex’s to know you should wait at least a month before communicating with them again.”

      “But you see Adam, that’s how normal people deal with breakups, and I think we both know that I’m anything but normal. So thanks, but no thanks for the advice.”

      “I hope you know what you’re doing,” he said, pressing me into a hug, “but I do have one question.”

      “Go on.”