Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty-Five

      “Get up!” I heard. I grunted in response, and continued to lie lifelessly.

      “Nooooooooo...” I groaned.

      “Would you like me to sit on you?” he asked.

      “I’m sick! Just go away!” I whined. I didn’t feel well. My head felt clouded, and my nose had been running all night. I probably looked like shit. My lungs were so congested that I actually had to concentrate on breathing. I could literally stay in bed for the next twelve hours with no problem if given the option.

      “No; we have to go! Get up!” he said, ripping my warm comforter and blankets off. Oh no he didn’t!

      “ADAM!” I shrieked, before remembering why I wasn’t sitting in a boring classroom at the moment, enduring homeroom.

      “Get up! They’ll be over in a half hour, and then we’re leaving! Come on!” he said, shaking my shoulders.

      “What? Who’s coming over?!” I demanded.

      “You’ll see,” he said, a smug disposition evident in his tone.

      “You’re such a jerk!” I said, grudgingly lifting my frame off of my bed. This was hell.

      “Get dressed, and be down in ten minutes!” he said, leaving the room. Ten minutes? Who the fuck can get dressed in ten minutes? That’s like asking Obama to stop global warming in a day! It can’t be done!

      Once I safely shut the door, locking it just in case, I roamed over to my closet, and pulled out a pair of jeans. These jeans weren’t ripped at the knees, or tight, or edgy in anyway; they were simple, nice, skinny jeans. I jumped into them, and matched the denim with a soft, flannel, red and black, plaid shirt.

      I lowered myself down to the bottom of the closet, so I could view my vast selection of shoes, and scanned them. I closed my eyes, and picked up the first pair my hands gravitated towards. I opened my eyes, and was pleased with my random choosing. Red and white Converse, the Chuck Taylor All Star ones that stop just below the ankle. Simple, and cute. My favorite. I don’t know why my outfit choice was so simplistic, it just was. Maybe it’s a side effect of being sick…

      I went over to my dresser, and looked at my complexion for a brief moment. My skin looked smooth, and not irritated in the slightest way, whereas the area under my eyes looked as though I had been in a fight. Adam sucks for waking me up this early! My hair looked okay, though it was frizzy, wavy, and all over the place. For the morning, I wasn’t looking my worst.

      I picked up a brush, and drew it to the back of my head. I swept my caramel colored hair into a neat ponytail on the back of my head, and dropped the brush back onto the counter. Picking up a hair tie, I secured my hair in place by wrapping it around three times, so it wouldn’t come out. I took either side of the ponytail, and pulled, tightening it. Perfect.

      I took my phone from a jumble of wires and cords, and placed it inside my chest pocket. That’s how cool kids utilize chest pockets. I looked at my current state once more in the mirror, and my reflection looked okay. Not the best, but better than how I started out. On my way out of my room, I turned off the lights, and closed the door.

      I made my way down the hallway, curious as to whom Adam had invited over. I walked past the dining room, and entered the front room, to view two individuals I knew fairly well, one of whom was awesome, the other… not so much.

      “Hey Jules!” Talia greeted, smiling at me. God. Her smile is seriously like a street lamp in the middle of a dark alley. I will personally kill Adam if he ever breaks up with her. This chick is epic, and unlike his previous girlfriends, I think she actually likes me.