Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

      I took a deep breath, letting what my mom had just said sink in. Yup. It’s officially. She’s gone insane.

      “Mom, on what planet- actually no, on what UNIVERSE did you think doing that would make anyone’s lives better?” I asked, staring at her enraged.

      “Sweetie, Amy and I thought it would be fun for the girls to have a night together again, like old times. Besides, the girls were being very agreeable to this, Julia why aren’t you?” she asked, completely and utterly clueless.

      “Mom, there comes a time in people’s lives when they move on, make new friends, and they don’t keep the old. I really don’t know what’s so hard to fathom about the fact that I’M NOT FRIENDS WITH EMILY AND TAYLOR ANYMORE!”

      “Well tonight you will be.”

      “No, I won’t.”

      “Hun, we already made all the arrangements. You’re sleeping over Taylor’s house, and that’s final.”

      “You can’t make me!”

      “You’re right, I can’t; I can however take away your phone and computer for the next month.”

      “You wouldn’t!”

      “Oh yes, I would. Jules you’re just being very rude right now! The girls are trying to be sweet, the least you can do is accept the gesture of kindness.” The girls, sweet? That’s pretty funny!

      “No.”

      “Fine. Give me your phone and computer.”

      “Wait, so my options are suffering an entire thirteen hours, or loosing my phone and computer for a month?”

      “Yes.”

      “Hmmm…” I weighed out the outcomes of both scenarios. No phone or computer would result in me lacking a social life, while going to the sleepover would be hell. It’s a toughie...

      “Jules I’m giving you five seconds, make up your mind.”

      “I’ll go,” I said, seriously considering giving up my beloved hunks of metal.

      “That’s my girl! Now go pack, and meet me down here in a half hour!” she said, smiling. Fine. If I have to endure thirteen hours of torture, I’m going into the battle zone prepared.

      I trudged up to my room, bumping into Adam on the way.

      “Jules, why are you so mad? Boy problems again?” he asked.

      “No, actually. Our mother is forcing me to go to a sleepover.”

      “Sounds fun?” He studied my facial expression, “Or not…”

      “It’s with Emily and Taylor.”

      “MOM! YOU CAN’T LET JULES GO TO THAT SLEEPOVER!” he yelled from the hallway to her.

      “I already tried,” I said.

      “Yeah, well even if mom’s making you, I’m forbidding you to go.”

      “Oh? My brother’s forbidding me to go? Fine by me.”

      “She’s crazy if she thinks you’re going.”

      “I agree.”

      “Adam! What’s with all the yelling?” my mom demanded, stomping over to us.