Lestrade: New Recruit

a small edit as of the 7th of July as a couple of people have mentioned that the POV I used didn't work so I've changed it now :)))))

As per usual
Y/N- your name
Y/L/N- your last name

Lestrade's POV

I looked up from the mountain of paperwork piled on my desk and turned my attention to the clock on the wall opposite. It read 10:17. There was going to be a meeting at 10:30 so I still had some time to finish more work. The work was difficult, and before I knew it 10:30 had rolled around and there was a knock on my office door.

"Come in!" I called, clearing a space on my desk and filing finished work into a drawer next to me. A girl of around 25 walked in, smiled and took the chair in front of me. She looked amazing, and for a few seconds I stared at her in a daze. Embarrassed, I quickly corrected myself and began the interview.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your POV

You were extremely nervous so had woken up earlier than expected. Today was the day you would be interviewed for a job at Scotland Yard. Once you were quite sure that you had all of the necessary paperwork you picked up your keys and wallet, locked the door and headed outside to the curb. You hailed a taxi and climbed in. It was difficult to not think about what might go wrong during the interview so you tried to distract yourself by reading the posters in the corridor outside the Detective Inspector's office.

Finally your watch beeped ten thirty so you stood and knocked on the door. You heard a quick "Come in."so opened the door and stepped inside the room. A man sat at the desk opposite you, clearing various papers away. You gave a small smile and sat down in front of him. He watched for a couple of seconds before starting the interview.

"Hello, Miss Y/L/N, I'm DI Lestrade but you can call me Greg." His voice sounded soft and kind so you gave him another smile.
"Nice to meet you but please, call me Y/N."
The two of you spoke about your employment details and various other aspects of the job. Eventually it was decided that as you were rather intelligent and sort of overqualified for the job you would work along side Greg and a man called Sherlock Holmes. You thanked Greg for his time and stood to leave. You had only just opened the door when he called after you.
"Hey Y/N. Want to coffee tomorrow? I'll text you the address tonight." You nodded and then left, pleased with your new job and new friend.

-Next day-

You arrived at Scotland Yard quite early and buzzed in. There was already a large stack of papers that needed getting through but that didn't bother you.

Around lunchtime the telephone on your desk rang violently, making you jump about 2 feet into the air. You grabbed the phone and cradled it against your ear.
"Yes? Hello?" Greg's voice on the other end answered you.
"Hi Y/N. There's been a possible murder near the Thames and we want you to look at it and give us your thoughts."
You agreed and grabbed your coat from the hanger, remembering to tell the receptionist that you wouldn't be available for the next few hours.

Once you reached the crime scene you were updated on the details. A man in his early 40's had been found near the Thames at around 2:00. The witness had suggested that the man had slipped on the banking but it was soon confirmed to be a murder due to a missing security badge on the man's jacket and bruising around the neck. Greg introduced you to Sherlock Holmes who merely sniffed and muttered under is breath about incompetent newbies. It didn't matter, you had finally achieved your life long dream of becoming a detective. Greg came up next to and put a hand on your shoulder.
"We might have to cancel coffee for tonight."
You chuckled and turned your focus back the body lying on the floor in front of you.

A/N wahoo, chapter 3. I liked writing this one. Anyways, I hope this was long enough and you enjoyed reading it. Bai for now- L