Moriarty: Babyiarty

Ayup Cumberbeans, this one is aimed more at females because it's about childbirth.
As per usual:
Y/N- your name
Y/L/N- your last name
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your POV
You stared at the pregnancy test and blinked a few times. Slowly your vision came back into focus and you reread it. Nope, it still read positive. You rubbed your eyes and tried again. The same story. Panic flooded over you in a wave, suffocating you to a point where you felt like you might pass out.

Calmly, you collected your thoughts and steadied your breath. You needed to tell Jim. Unfortunately he was away on a business trip in Ireland and you didn't feel like telling him over the phone. Luckily he was due back in a day so you wouldn't have to wait too long to tell him. Hopefully, he wouldn't be mad. Would he want a child? You decided you didn't care if he did or not, you were going to keep it either way.

-Time Skip to the next day-

You heard Jim arrive through the front door. Good, this meant that he would see the test, which you'd put on the sideboard in the hallway. You listened closely to the sound of him locking the door and then walking further into the house. A sudden gasp filled up the silence and the sound of his bag dropping to the floor with a thud penetrated your ears.

Anxious footstep could be heard as Jim pounded up the stairs to where you were. He flung open the door and rushed over to you, where you sat grinning.
"Y/N-" he said shakily "-this had better not be a prank." You shook your head triumphantly and glanced at your stomach proudly where a tiny bump could just be seen. Tears filled your husband's eyes as he sat down heavily on the bed.
"W-wow. That's some welcome home present. You've outdone yourself this time." You laughed and kissed him lightly on the cheek.
"Come on Jim, we need to think of baby names."
"Oh right, er- boy names first. What have you got?"

You pulled out a slip paper from your jeans pocket and looked through the names written on it. You selected a few that were your favourite.
"Um, let's see. Ah yes- I've got three personal favourites: Benedict, Lucas and Rónán." Jim nodded his approval at the names.
"Those are good choices, alright what about girls?" You looked back down at the list and made your decision on your favourite girl names. You picked out another three.
"Either: Niamh, Meghan or Eilís." You like the more unusual names and it seemed as though Jim liked them too for he was smiling at the variety. (Feel free to change any of the names of your unhappy with the choices :D)

"I'm thinking Lucas if it's a boy and Eilís if it's a girl." You smiled at him gratefully and the two of you eventually fell into a deep and peaceful slumber.

-9 Months later-

You yelled out again in pain and frustration. This baby was being particularly stubborn. Jim was soothing you by rubbing your back and wiping your forehead for you. It made you feel safer to know that he was there watching over you. Finally, the baby was delivered and the midwife announced the good news.
"Congratulations Sir, Madam, it's a girl. Well just take her away to clean up. We won't be too long." The nurse disappeared with a bunch of other midwives, leaving you and Jim alone.

You sighed heavily, exhausted from being in labour for 4 hours. Jim gave you a warm smile.
"Looks like I'll be putting my psychopathic career on hold for a little while." You chuckled but then winced at how sore you felt. Jim helped you to relax a bit more whilst you waited for someone to clean you up. Eventually another nurse arrived and cleaned you before leaving again to tend to a different patient.

After another 5 minutes your midwife reappeared and carefully handed you your child. A pair of bright blues eyes stared up at you fondly (I'm using blue because I think when all babies are born their eyes are blue. If I'm wrong then apologies, you can just change it to whatever colour you want). Jim gasped a little and a smile stretched across his face into a happy grin.
"I can't believe it, Eilís is finally here." You clutched his hand and looked up at him expectantly.
"Do you want to hold her?" You asked him quietly and a hesitant look crossed his features before he gently took her from your arms and cradled her to his chest.
"Wow. We're really a proper family aren't we?" You nodded sleepily as you closed your eyes and drifted off into oblivion.

A/N ayup cumberbeans, (it's official, we're sticking with it now 😇) I hope you enjoyed this imagine. I found it adorable to write. Thank you guys so so so much for 200 reads. I'll see you soon. Baiii-L