Sherlock: Dreamless sleep

Ayup Cumberbeans, I hope you're having a good day. Also, the second chapter of 'I Own You' is up so pwetty pwease (I'm cringing XD) check it out. Anyways, let us begin.
Y/N- your name
Y/L/N- your last name
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your POV
Sherlock was on the phone, frustrating you as usual. You rolled your eyes at his behaviour. Concentrating on the road you asked him about the people at St Barts, Scotland Yard and the like. He was in a chatty mode which was unusual for him so you weren't about to pass up the opportunity.

You looked down momentarily to check that the phone was properly in it's holder, you didn't want to have to pull over just because it had fallen out. Cars whizzed passed you, their exhaust fumes trailing behind them along the road. You tuned back into what Sherlock was saying about Anderson.

"I don't understand how someone can even bear to talk to him for a few minutes, let alone work with him all the time." You chuckled a little.
"It would appear that you and Anderson are quite similar then." You laughed out loud when you heard Sherlock huffing in the background.
"I can't be that bad can I?"
"Of course not." Sherlock seemed to cheer up when you said this, making you smile a little to yourself. You were so glad that he had chosen to go out with.

"That reminds me, Sher-"
Suddenly a car swerved in front of you. You lost control of your vehicle and spun down into a ditch at the side of the road. Your head was bashed against the door. You felt your vision slip away into an unconscious state. Sherlock's rang out into the eerily quiet car.
"Y/N! What happened? I heard a loud noise."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock's POV
No one replied. A static like noise sounded throughout the car but that was it. Y/N didn't reply. I sat there, worry eating at me. An hour later my phone rang. I answered it quickly. A woman's voice spoke out to me.
"Hello, am I speaking to Mr Sherlock Holmes?"
"Y-Yes, that's me!" I stuttered, barely able to form the sentence. The woman at the other end of the line sucked in a deep breath, preparing me for the worst.
"I'm sorry to inform you sir but Y/N Y/L/N was badly injured in a car crash around an hour ago. When the paramedics reached them they were already unconscious. Y/N is currently being cared for in St Bart's Hospital." I wasted no time. I pocketed my phone, grabbed my keys and wallet and was out the flat within 10 minutes.

The taxi pulled out and leaped out, quickly paying the driver before rushing into the familiar building. I ran over to the counter where a receptionist looked at me in concern.
"Are you alright?" I shook my head to show that it wasn't important.
"That doesn't matter, which room is Y/N Y/L/N in?"
"Room 221 (I'm so original), just down hall way and up the stairs." I nodded my thanks and headed towards the stairs at the end of the corridor.

I climbed them two at a time and had reached Y/N's room in a matter of seconds. I knocked hesitantly on the door and a voice told me I could come in. I opened the door and waited for my eyes to become accustomed to the slight gloom within the room.
"U-Uh, hello?" I asked, slightly unsure. A doctor finished examining the machine that Y/N was hooked up to and came over to me.
"Ah, you must Mr Holmes, as you can see, Y/N is unconscious at the moment. We don't know when they'll wake up but they seem to be doing quite well. I nodded and sighed.

The doctor left after a few minutes leaving me alone with Y/N. I took a seat next to them and gripped their hand tightly.
"Don't worry Y/N, I'll keep you safe. I love you."

A/N ayup cumberbeans, I'm thinking of making this into a small series. There might be around three parts in it. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you soon. Baiii-L