Lestrade: The least wonderful time of the year

Ayup Cumberbeans, finally after about 15 years I have decided to write another Lestrade imagine. Another thing, look at that image. It might not be to do with Lestrade but it's still hilarious! Finally, this one is more aimed at females so apologies for any inconvenience (whatever that might be) anyways, enjoy :D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your POV
You checked your watch again and sighed at the time: 12:43. There was still another five hours to go before you'd finally be allowed home. Your stomach was killing you and you doubted you'd make it through the rest of the day without stabbing someone. Eventually it became too much to bear and you found yourself knocking on your boss's office. Luckily she was a woman too so understood your reason for why you needed to leave.

Once home you kicked off your shoes and collapsed into your favourite armchair. The familiar wrenching feeling in your gut made you groan out loud at the unfairness of it all. Greg was out at Scotland Yard, probably being tormented by Sherlock, but you didn't feel like calling him. Instead you lay in the chair holding your stomach and occasionally grunting in pain.

After an hour of doing you struggled to your feet and inserted a disc into the DVD machine. You grinned a little to yourself as the familiar theme tune of Doctor Who came blaring out of the TV speakers. Slowly, you made your way into the kitchen and fixed yourself a bowl of ice cream. Sure it might a stereotypical thing to whilst on your period but you were in too much pain to care.

Later on Greg came through the front door humming a tune that you knew but couldn't quite get the name of. He entered the lounge cheerfully but his face fell once he saw you lying sorrowfully on the sofa.
"What's wrong love?" He asked in his usual soothing voice.
"I've got a headache from watching too much Doctor Who and my period started again so all in all I'm having a fantastic day." You replied sarcastically and turned your attention back to the cake that was in front of you.
"I see." Greg muttered and disappeared again.

He returned with blankets, water and paracetamol. He handed all the various items to you.
"Budge up then, I need room too." You moved along a little and watched as he inserted the Hobbit into the DVD slot.
"But I have a headache." You protested.
"No worries, I'll dim the screen and lower the volume for you. In fact, I'll even put the subtitles on." You grinned and leant across towards him. You gently kissed him on the lips.
"This-" you said whilst gesturing "-is why I married you." He smirked and pulled you closer whilst the film began.

A/N alrighty Cumberbeans, I hope you enjoyed this imagine. Sorry that it's kind of short but I need sleep *i know, I hear your cries of betrayal, fear not, I shall return soon* before I go though, I was thinking. Instead of doing another book of Sherlock Imagines after this one, would you like me to do a preferences book instead. The difference being that different characters go through similar scenarios e.g how you meet or something. It would of course be Sherlock related. Please give it some thought. Anyways, baiiii-L