Mystrade: Cold Hearted Lover Part 2

Ayup Cumberbeans, it feels like ages since the last updated. Anyways, I am doing a recap at the beginning of this imagine but if you want to remember the full details then just go back and read
'Cold hearted lover (part 1). Before you start, please watch the video above. Some of you might have seen it before but I love it. Let us proceed :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------–--------------------------------------------------------------------
-Recap-

Finally, I turned back to look at the room. To the ordinary person it would like nothing was missing, but Mycroft would hopefully notice the missing clothes. Although perhaps I would lucky enough if he even noticed that I wasn't there. I didn't want to risk leaving by the front or backdoor because Mycroft would hear me. Instead I left via the window. I knew it was safe because a large oak tree grew next to our room. I leant out and grabbed it. Slowly, I climbed down and reached the ground. I stared up at what had once been my home and left. It was going to be a long night.

-End of Recap-

Mycroft's POV
I listened to the bedroom door slamming above me and yelled out curses after him. He'd chip the paintwork if he carried on like that. I turned my attention back to the growing piles of work on my desk and slowly but surely completed the various papers and files. Eventually I had finished for the night and pushed my chair back; listening to it scraping sharply on the wooden floorboards. I cringed at the sound and stood, closing the door once I'd left the room.

Greg was being awfully quiet up in our bedroom so I assumed he was asleep. As I approached the room I realised that he couldn't be because he always snored, whether gently or loudly. Panic rose up in me a little but I squashed it down and tried to reason with myself. After all, we wouldn't he be in his room?
"Because of what a crummy boyfriend you're being." A little voice told me in the back of my mind. I assessed the situation once I realised that Greg wasn't in the room and worked out what he had taken. Judging by the dust patterns and dents in the carpet he had recently lifted a heavy bag onto his back. The window was open ever so slightly, meaning that he had left by it but hadn't closed it all the way. I fumbled for my phone and clicked onto John's contact. He wouldn't pick up so instead I texted him.

To John Watson:
This is an emergency. Have you seen or heard from Gregory Lestrade in the last three hours or so? If you have you had better tell me or I will make your life misery in the next 5 minutes.
-Mycroft Holmes

To Mycroft Holmes:
Good evening to you as well. In answer to your question, no, I have not seen or heard from Greg since he left the station. Why?
-John

To John Watson:
He's gone missing and you are probably the first person he'd go to if he needed help. In fact no, hang on. Tell Sherlock to text me immediately.
-Mycroft Holmes

To Sherlock Holmes:
Has John texted you to text me?
-Mycroft Holmes

To Mycroft Holmes:
Yes. Lestrade is currently staying in a hotel near the Thames. How did you not manage to track him though? You're getting slower brother dear.
-Sherlock Holmes

I didn't reply to Sherlock's text. Instead I shrugged on my coat, grabbed my umbrella and rushed out of the door. It was a pitch black night. Whilst I walked I contemplated on how Greg had managed to get himself to a hotel near the Thames so quickly. I decided that he must have hailed a taxi part of the way there.

Forty minutes later I arrived by the riverbank and gazed at all of the houses and hotels with their lights glowing the pavement in patches outside. I refocused my attention and tried to think like Greg. He would have been trying to get away before I realised he'd gone. Therefore once he'd arrived at a place he knew he would feel safe he would pick one at a low price but good enough conditions. Due to his sentimental attachment to his eldest daughter he would have chosen the one called 'The Queen Mary' (idk just go with the flow. I also suck at deductions so bear with me XD).

I pushed open the door and walked up to the receptionist who sat at her desk scrolling through what seemed to be a social media app on her phone. She let out a sudden squeal.
"OMG THEY ARE SO CUTE TOGETHER!!!" I watched as she called out to someone evidently in the room behind her.
"I SHIP THEM SO MUCH." The women realised that I was standing their with a bored expression on my face and blushed hard.
"Oh-uh, s-sorry sir. Would you like a room?" I shook my head, trying to clear my head of the ringing noise that had been created by her shrieking.
"No thank you, I'm looking for a friend. His name is Gregory Lestrade. Might have arrived a few hours ago." The receptionist nodded hastily.
"Room 32 floor 2." I thanked her and left, still trying to rid myself of the horrible ringing noise.

I reached the room and knocked twice. This wave of impatience was coming over me, as though I couldn't hold myself back any longer and might leap on Greg the second he opened the door. The sound of footsteps on the other side of the door brought me back into focus and clenched my umbrella tighter. A bleary eyed Lestrade opened the door and stared at me blankly. He suddenly seemed to come to his senses and tried to slam the door in my face. Unfortunately I was too close to the door and as he did so the door was rammed into my nose. I cried out in pain and shock, clutching my now bleeding nose. His face went white and he grabbed me, pulling me further into the room.

I stayed perfectly still on a chair whilst he rushed to get out a medical kit. I winced slightly as he attempted to stop the bleeding. He smiled sheepishly. I opened my mouth to speak, thinking carefully about what to say.
"I'm sorry that I've been so distant lately. I know I shouldn't make any excuses so I won't because there aren't any to make. Just, please don't shut me out of your life completely Greg." Greg eyed me wearily for a few seconds before lunging at me, his lips attacking my own. I'd never really gone in for full on sentiment and showing obvious attraction but at this point all of those thoughts were gone. Instead I kissed him back with the same amount of passion.

We both separated and blushed red. He chuckled a little, making me frown.
"What's so funny?" Greg grinned and pointed at my face.
"I don't know how you didn't notice, but you've got blood all over your face." I stared hard at him and started laughing.
"So do you Greg."

A/N IT'S BEEN A WHILE, I'M SORRY!!! Pwetty pwease forgive me. I hope you enjoyed this (LATE) imagine. I shall see you very soon (school starts tomorrow so apologies if I update less frequently) baiiiiiii-L