Mystrade: Good Afternoon

Ayup Cumberbeans, did I post that already? Ah well, throwback Thursday if I did, even though it's not Thursday 😅 I just wanted to say a quick thank you for 400 reads. It seems to have happens quite quickly despite it being over a few months. It feels like only yesterday I was writing the cleverly named 'Intro thing'. Gosh that was cheesy and cringe worthy. Alrighty, before I completely hide away in shame let's continue on.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mycroft's POV
I hurried as fast as my dignified self would let me towards Scotland Yard. My dearest brother was supposedly there causing another fuss. I did a quick walk into the towering building and stared distastefully at the scene unfolding before me.

People scurried this way and that, rushing around with stacks of paper under their arms, mugs of coffee balanced on trays. The whole atmosphere made me rather claustrophobic and I considered leaving and letting Sherlock misbehave.

However, before I could make a decision Sherlock himself strode out of the office smirking mischievously at me. I raised my eyebrow and stalked over to him.
"Brother dear, what have you done this time?" Sherlock smiled innocently and looked back at John Watson who was running after him.
"Ah, hello Mycroft, we were in actual fact just leaving. How about you have a little chat with the DI about whatever takes your fancy. Come on John, I need to collect some feet from the morgue at St Bart's." I put out my umbrella to stop his movements.

"Hold on a minute brother, why did the DI invite me here in the first place? He said you were acting up." Sherlock tapped his nose in a childish fashion.
"Let's save the question for a rainy day. Remember though, you can't always trust the voice at the end of the phone now can you?" I glared with the realisation.
"You made me come here? You s-set me up?" My words had become muddled with the anger I was experiencing. Sherlock merely grinned at me again.
"Now that would be telling. Let's go John." He pulled the shorter man by the arm past me, both of them obviously trying not to laugh.

I opened my mouth, ready to yell a good many things not to be repeated, when DI Lestrade walked into the room, evidently bewildered at the sight of me; someone who held a minor position in the British Government, standing in Scotland Yard.

"I-I'm sorry, er- were we due some kind of inspection? Only, if I'd known I would have sorted everything out around here." I shook my head and glowered at Sherlock's retreating back. Eventually, it was out of sight.
"No nothing like that, I was just pranked I guess by William." A puzzled look crossed Lestrade's face.
"William?" I waved the question away for it wasn't important.

"Anyway, if I am not actually required here then I shall go on my way. Good afternoon Detective Inspector." I turned to leave and took a few paces before I heard the DI call out.
"Wait! I mean er- excuse me but do you want to stay for some coffee. You might as well make your trip worthwhile." I pondered the proposal (ayyyyyyy, not that kind of proposal, unfortunately) and agreed.

Lestrade's smile was a lot more honest than any of Sherlock's or perhaps even John's. It seems as though he was generally I pleased. I gave him a small smile back and followed him into his office, silently reminding myself to thank Sherlock for this moment, however difficult that might turn out to be.

A/N ayup cumberbeans, guess what...I'M (possibly) GOING TO SPAIN NEXT YEAR!!!! I've never been abroad so it'll be a new experience for me and I can't wait. That aside, I hope you enjoyed this imagine and I'll see ya very soon. Baiiiii-L