Sherlock: Dreamless Sleep Part 2

Ayup Cumberbeans, I know the image doesn't have anything to do with Sherlock and that but it's just something for you Undertale and Jacksepticeye/Markiplier/Wade/Bob fans out there (sorry I don't watch Wade or Bob so don't know their YouTube Chanel name :/) anyways, let's begin:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock's POV
Sunlight trickled through the curtains, hitting my eyes with a full beam of bright light. I squinted in the sudden spotlight and glared out of the window. If Y/N hasn't been in the condition that they were in then I might have considered the landscape outside to be relatively peaceful and relaxing; not usual for London. However, none of those things were on my mind as I looked down upon the still and shallow breathing body of my partner.

Y/N lay there in what seemed like quiet comfort. It was only their first proper day of being here but I hated the atmosphere already. A nurse bustled in and saw my sitting in the stiff, plastic chair that was way too colourful for my liking. The hideous shade of lime green stuck out immensely in the clinically white hospital room. The two other chairs that filled the room were equally disgusting. It was like someone had deliberately wanted to make the visitors feel sick.

The nurse looked at me expectantly and I realised she'd asked me a question.
"Huh-what? Sorry, I didn't hear." She sighed an exasperated sigh, as though she was bored of people having accidents and ending up under her care. I deduced her quickly, scanning my eyes over each item of clothing. She repeated her question slowly.
"I said, would you like a cup of coffee?" I nodded my head and she left to go and make it.

When she returned, she was still scowling and handed me the cup with such force that it nearly spilt. I glared at her and set it down heavily on the bright yellow chair next to mine. I smirked in an almost evil way and then looked up at her innocently.

"I take it the wedding planning hasn't been going well?" Her face contorted into an frown and she widened her eyes in a frankly disturbing manner.
"H-How did you know about my wedding?" I rolled my eyes and glanced at the clock. Y/N's parents were due at 10:30 so I had twenty minutes. This could be fun.

"Pretty simple really, you have an engagement ring. One of the newest models by the looks of it." She shook her head in disbelief.
"That still doesn't explain how you knew it hasn't been going well for us." I could have laughed at how easy this all was. She certainly wasn't one of the more tricky ones to figure out.

I continued merrily, not caring for her opinion of me.
"That is also simple to work out. The engagement ring is new but it hasn't been cleaned. Most people you've been proposed to tend to be very excited about these kinds of things. No idea why. That leaves three options. One: you've just been too busy planning and have forgotten about it, unlikely because you obviously sleep wearing it every night so would be reminded just by looking at it. Two: you don't actually like the man you're marrying, maybe for money but you'll earn a lot here so it can't be that. Which leaves three: he has been getting cold feet about the whole idea."

The way the nurses face pales when I said those words confirmed my deductions. I felt pretty proud of myself. Her lips were pursed in a tight line. She glared at me, her eyes blazing.
"Piss off." She then exited the room and stalked off down the room away from me and Y/N.

I grinned to myself; John would've found that funny. Sure he'd have told me off before saying that I was being rude but then he'd laugh at her reaction. Y/N on the other hand would be chuckling quietly, they wouldn't tell me I was being mean or rude. If anything they'd encourage me to continue. Y/N always loved hearing me deduce; like I was one of the wonders of the world.

Thinking of Y/N brought me back to why I was here in the first place. I sighed and settled myself properly back into the same lime green chair, the plastic ridges digging into my sides. I gripped Y/N's hand and prayed that they would wake up eventually.

A/N ayup cumberbeans, I hoped you enjoyed the second part of this imagine. Don't worry there shall be a third at some point in the near future. Maybe even before the next season of Sherlock airs. Wouldn't that be lucky? Anyways, I'll see ya soon. Baiiiii-L