John: Denial

Ayup Cumberbeans, let's just get started (credit to whoever created the image above). As per usual:
Y/N- your name
Y/L/N- your last name
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your POV
You and John had been dating for around a year and it was all going swimmingly. You both had similar music tastes and interests in books, plus you both shared the same passion: crime solving with the one and only Consulting Detective.

It was a warm autumn evening when the three of you got back from Sherlock's most recent case. You were almost about to nod off, John was nagging Sherlock about his manners and Sherlock was staring blatantly out of the window. A pleasant cool breeze flew in from outside as Sherlock abruptly swung open the taxi door, with John following closely at his heels.

You sighed at their boyish behaviour and payed the taxi driver quickly. Carefully, you hopped out the cab and rushed inside 221b before the door slammed shut. Mrs Hudson emerged almost instantly and rolled her eyes at the two men retreating to the flat.
"Honestly Y/N I don't know how you put up with the pair of them. The second one of them acts nice and charming, the other immediately has to play up." You grinned at the Land Lady's complaining and stared after your flat mates.
"I'm not sure I know either. But I wouldn't have them any other way."

Quickly, you ran up the stairs and walked into the flat, gasping at the sight. Papers were scattered everywhere, books were piled up high in the corner, threatening to fall. A horrible stench filled your nostrils as you waded through the unorganised mess to the fridge. Cautiously, you opened it and glanced in before shutting it again immediately. Thumbs! You felt yourself growing angrier by the second and shouted out to John and Sherlock.
"OI YOU TWO! HERE NOW!"

John emerged from his bedroom, looking sheepishly at all of the clutter, swiftly followed by Sherlock who merely shrugged.
"I fail to see a problem." John elbowed Sherlock sharply in the ribs, making him double over in pain. John turned to look at you.
"We'll start right away." You nodded approvingly and helped to put books back on shelves and slip papers into files. A few hours later, the flat was looking much nicer. Out of the corner of your eye you noticed Sherlock pointing at his watch, obviously gesturing something to John. John nodded and left, walking into his bedroom. You didn't make anything of it and soon forgot that it had ever happened.

By the time 11:00pm rolled around you felt as though you were going to fall asleep standing up. John had been insistent that you both went to the park around this time. That's how you found yourself half asleep, freezing cold and in the middle of the park at around midnight. After a few minutes of silence and staring at the stars you turned to John with a questioning look on your face.
"Okay-" you chuckled "-what is the occasion?" John blushed and helped up from the grass. You took his hand gratefully and waited patiently for an explanation. Slowly, John lowered himself onto one knee and pulled a small black box out of his coat pocket.

"Y/N, you've been an amazing person this past year, what with helping me 'tame' Sherlock and looking out for me. Which is why I'm asking you this. Will you marry me?" (Idk how to write a proposal speech XD)

You stared at him in shock and almost in horror. You hadn't been expecting that.
"I-I don't know what to say. I'm flattered of course b-but I don't think I'm looking for marriage right now. I'm terribly sorry."

John looked a little crest-fallen but put on a brave face.
"No worries, I'll give you some time to think about it." He smiled, but you could see that he was a little hurt. You reached out and put both of your hands on his shoulders.
"I'll definitely think about it."

A/N ayup cumberbeans (it's really hard to keep a straight face when I type that XD) I hope you enjoyed this Jawn imagine. I'm not sure how happy I am with it but never mind. I'll see ya guys soon. Baiiii-L