Authors note

Hey guys!!! Thanks for finishing my story!! I wanted to tell y'all how I came up with a lot of the plot points because I based them off of really life.
Ethan/guitar center: to an extent... Ethan is kinda a real person. One day I went into my local guitar center for a guitar lesson and I met someone who works there named Ethan and he was very silly so I thought he'd be a great best friend.
Ethan personality: I barely knew the actual Ethan from guitar center for I based the character off of one of my best friends (not to be named) and decided that Ethan is gay to prevent any shipping (probably didn't work)
Maddie: Maddie is based off of one of my best friends named Maddie who loves hairstyling and fashion and always gives me the best advice.
Interview in the middle school: In this scene, I describe my actual middle school to an extent and the band room where I grew up.
The city Rae is from: Rae's city is my city because in a lot of ways, Rae is me.
Does anyone have any questions about character development or what certain characters look like??? If so leave them down in the comments and I will try to answer them all.
Once again thank you all so much for reading my story and special thanks to Lous_Burnt_Pancakes and Tiny_elephants66 for the support, ideas, and feedback.