Playing With Chance - Chapter 3

My life was getting boring.

I mean, I hadn't talked to Chance in weeks.  Okay maybe it was only a week but that is still a long time.

Especailly since nobody else was willing to talk to me.  Sure if I asked them a direct question they would respond, but nobody would willingly talk to me.  Even when I was asking a direct question they would answer in as few words as possible with a frightened look in their eyes.  I wasn't really that scary.  

Sure I may like to be on the outside looking in, but this was just rediculous.  It made it hard to get partners for projects.  I guess that's not such a bad thing.  They were probably sucky partners that would make me do all the work anyway.  

On the bright side people no longer threw strange looks at me when ever I walked into a room.  I was once again blending in with my background.

It was peaceful in the background.  Nobody bugs you.

I was pulled from my musing to be faced with a very amused looking Chance.

"Did ya miss me?" he asked with a smile.

Surprisingly I had missed him.  Who else would I tease?  At least that is what I told myself when I thought about the reason for me missing him.

Throughing my arms around him I said, "How could I not miss you?" he had a confused look on his face, but he wrapped his arms around me anyway, "You're such a good kid and you listen to me when I tell you to do stuff.  Not to mention you know how to use the big boy potty.  Oh, I almost forgot."

Letting go of him I reached into my bag and pulled out a package of stickers.

"Now, you can only use them on paper.  I don't want to hear about any stickers in hair or on the floor," I handed him the package of animal stickers.  I've had them in my backpack for a week just waiting for a chance to give them to him, "I thought it would be a good chance to practice your animals.  I know how you struggle with them."

He stared at the package in his hand for a second.

Before he could raise his head, and most likely try to give them back, I said, "I know you miss me but I've got to go to class now Prick.  Don't get in trouble today.  I don't want to deny you that gold star again."

Turning around I started to walk to class.

Ah lunch.

The perfact opertunity to annoy Chance again.  So long as he decides that he wants to sit in his usual seat he will talk to me again.

He really was amusing.

Wonder how long I can keep him around before he decides that he can't take it any more.

I heard a seat being pulled out, and I looked up to see that he hadn't started this encounter the usual way.

Instead of me insulting him while he stood, and attracting a lot of attention, he was going to start sitting down.

Smart move on his part, but I was still going to make him look like a fool.

It was never intentional that I insulted him while people watched.  He just drew too much attention.

I couldn't help it if people always stopped and stared when he was talking to me........

Well I guess he has had a long enough break from my constant torment. 

Let the round begain.

"Prick!  I'm so gald to see you.  You didn't put the stickers in anyones hair or on the floors did you?"