Playing With Chance - Chapter 17

"Brandy, we've been here for an hour. Can we go home now?" I asked letting my exhaustion leak into my voice.

"Suck it up. An hour isn't all that long when it comes to shopping."

"But we hate shopping," Hero said looking just as tired as I felt.

I wasn't made for shopping. I got bored after the first ten minutes, and after that it's easy to notice how much your feet start to hurt when somebody makes you try on ten different pairs of high heels before deciding that we should get a dress first.

Being a human barbie doll is not fun.

Too bad I can't leave her...

Maybe I can call Alexander to get her. He would be more than willing. Yes, that sounds like a good plan.

Well, it would be a good plan if I had his number.

If I get too desperate I can see if Elliot has Chance's number, and I can get Alexander's number from him.

I really hope Elliot has Chance's number....

"Elizabeth!" Brandy yelled pulling me out of my plans to escape, "Go try this on."

I looked at her in horror.

That wouldn't cover anything!

"No."

"It's this one, or that one," she said pointing to one that showed the whole back and only went mid thigh.

"You can't make me!"

"Hero," she said turning to her brother, "I'll give you ten dollars to drag her to the changing rooms for me."

"I would, but I think she's more scary than you. So, no."

For once I think I was glad that someone thought of me as scary. Of course it didn't take much to be scarier than Brandy.

"She's not scary," Brandy protested with a glare.

"Her? No, but I'm fairly sure Chance would avenge her, and he is scary."

Yay for over-protective..... friends.

"No he wouldn't. He would find it funny."

"I don't know. He treats her like Alexander treats you, and Alexander wouldn't be caught dead laughing at you."

She glared at him for a second then looked at me with an evil grin, "Elizabeth. I'll make cookies for you when we get home if you go in the dressing room and try on any dress I hand you while you're in there."

That's cheating!

She knows I love cookies.

"I'll make sure to make peanut butter with chocolate chips."

"Deal," I said in defeat starting to walk sadly to the changing rooms. 

"Good girl," she said trailing after me. 

"Brandy!" I yelled after trying on the first dress, "it doesn't fit!" 

"I don't believe you! Come out." 

"No, it doesn't fit!" 

"Yes it does! I checked the size twice." 

"That doesn't mean it fits," I grumbled looking in the mirror. 

"I'm coming in."

"Why?  It doesn't fit."

"So I can make sure you're telling the truth without giving a peep show to my brother."