Playing With Chance - Chapter 15

I woke up laying on something really warm.

How strange.

Where did I fall asleep last night?

Oh well. What did that saying say about not looking at a gift horse in the mouth?

I might be horrified when I finally decide to open my eyes, but until then......

Snuggling closer to my pillow I felt it slowly rise and fall. Very rhythmic. Almost..... soothing.....

A soft sigh of content escaped, and I felt someone start to slowly stroke my hair. That feels good.

I had started to slip deeper into sleep when I heard a soft voice calling my name.

"Elizabeth? You need to wake up now."

I shook my head into my pillow, and heard it give me a deep chuckle, "I know you want to sleep, but you need to wake up now. We have school today."

That was a good reason to wake up....

But then again if I didn't wake up I wouldn't need to deal with my bit... I mean classmates.

I groaned, knowing that I would need to wake up.

"That's my girl," Chance said as I blinked my eyes open, "I think your mom has food."

"She always does," I mumbled blinking slowly.

When I felt like I was fully conscious I looked up at him, and smiled, "She's a good cook. Almost as good as me."

He shook his head slowly with an amused smile on his face.

As he did I realized that I was still laying on his chest.

I put my hands on his stomach intending to get up. When I did I realized two things, one, there was something I liked better then him in a soaking wet, white shirt, and two, he did not have a shirt on.

Didn't take a brain surgeon to figure out what I liked more than him in a wet shirt. It also didn't take a brain surgeon to read that in my face as I stared at his well defined muscles.

How does someone get that ripped?

I ran my hands down his stomach slowly.  

When I got to his hips, I realized that a shirt wasn't the only thing he didn't have at the moment.

My eyes grew big.  

What happened to his pants?  I could have sworn he had them last night.

If I was looking on the 'bright' side I could say that at least he still has his boxers.

His small laugh had my gaze shooting to his, "I'm going to assume you like," he said with a knowing smile.

I shook my head quickly, but I don't think it was very convincing since my gaze was drawn back to his amazing abs as soon as my head stopped moving.  It might have been drawn somewhere else, but I was forcing my self not to look lower than his beautifully carved muscles.

He laughed again, and started to sit up, "We need to go eat."

My only answer was to put my head on his arm, and pout for a second.

The pout didn't last long though.

With in a few seconds I was letting out a small scream of surprise as he pulled me into his arms, and stood up.

"No! Ground come back!" I screamed as he started to jog to the kitchen.

I'm so glad I trust him enough not to drop me.