Playing With Chance - Chapter 21

I'm not sure how fun it is to watch a football game, but I guess that's what I'm going to do today.

That's okay. I'm going to make it fun. Make sure Chance gets knocked in the head a few times, watch him fall on his butt, laugh when he gets sacked. How could someone not have fun while they're doing something like that? It's too comical.

Now.... What's the best way to distract a guy?

Heels?

Unfortunately that would be a yes.

Dress?

It would probably be the most effective, but I don't think it's a good idea at a park. I would get cold.

Skinny jeans with a white t-shirt?

Much better.

I should also bring a blanket, so I don't get cold regardless of the fact that I'm dressing 'appropriately' for the activity. Well, minus the heels.

If all else fails, and the blanket get's annoying, I can just pawn if off on one of the girls that decided to go with the dress.

"Looks like I'm ready," I mumbled looking at myself in the mirror.

There was a knock on my door, and I rushed downstairs as fast at my shoes would allow.

I grabbed my keys, and opened the door.

"Catch," I said throwing my keys to Hero, "Be nice to my car."

Brandy was riding with her new boyfriend, and I didn't feel like driving. That might be because I would be as good at finding the park as I was at finding the ice cream shop, but that's not really important.

I gave my blanket to Hero, and started to walk to Chance's car. Without questioning me Chance opened the passenger door.

"Not fair," Hero mumbled looking that the beauty that was Chance's car.

"Don't wine. I'm letting you drive mine," I told him laughing.

"Fine," he grumbled getting into my car.

"On ward my trusty stallion, football awaits!" I yelled pointing at the road as Chance started the car.

"I'm worried," Chance said glancing at me out of the corner of his eye, "You don't know anything about football. Why are you excited?"

I shrugged, hoping he wouldn't guess why I was excited.

"Do I need to watch my back, or do I just need to not be surprised when you start cheering for the other team?"

"I don't know. Both, probably."

"At least I have some warning, but don't forget that Hero has your keys, and he won't be too happy with you if you cause us to lose."

"You wouldn't let me freeze to death in the park. You love me too much for that."

He sighed, and shook his head at me, "Yeah, I know."

I grinned started to look out the window.

"How far away is the park?" I asked noticing that we'd been in the car for about twenty minutes.

"It's in another town. I was the one that wanted to set this up, so they insisted that we be the ones that travel. Think of it as an away game."

"How far away would this other town be?" I asked scrunching up my nose.

"Don't know. I don't usually go the speed limit, but I can't lose Hero this time."

I sighed and leaned my head against the window.