Playing With Chance - Chapter 22

Hero and Brandy need to have a good birthday.

They probably haven't had a really good birthday party in a long time, and that is just something that was unacceptable....

Hang out time that just so happened to include junk food, movies, and presents?

I really hope they're good with that because that's what I planned tonight.

And I guess my mom's okay with everyone staying the night.  If she wasn't she would have freaked out last time she walked home to find a couple guys sprawled out in the living room.

"What are you thinking?" Chance asked with curiosity.

"How funny your face looked after I asked you if I was really your girlfriend before I said that I didn't really mind being called that..."

I could practically feel him roll his eyes behind my head,"That was almost a week ago!  How can you still be thinking about it?"

"Because," I told him with a smirk, "It's just as funny to hear your reaction now."

"Very funny," he said sarcastically before kissing my head, "What were you really thinking about?"

"The fact that I'm going to drag you over to my house after school," I said with a shrug.

I turned on his lap to watch him give me a strange look, and tilted his head in a confused manner.

"You have to help me make a cake for Brandy, and Hero with your oh, so, amazing baking skills.  Then I need to get some form of games that we can play.  I should also get some help finishing wrapping the presents.  Other than that I think all I need is a couple more pillows, and some blankets.....  If I think of anything else I'll be sure to tell you."

I watched as realization dawned on him.

"Oh," I said pretending to remember something else, "I also need to wrap what ever you got for the twins.  Probably Alexander's present for them too..."

"Do you need to go get ingredients for the cake?" he asked looking at me like he was really hoping that I would say yes.

"I think I might," I said tapping my chin thoughtfully, but knowing that I was going to just use the carrot cake mix hidden in the back of my pantry.

"Great!" he said with a smile, "I know the perfect place to go for that."

"The mall?" I asked looking at him with a knowing smile.

"Nope," he said shaking his head, "There are some shops in town.  I think I remember one in between the sports store, and the accessories store, that has the best flour in town..."

"That's good because I'm really picky with my flour....  It might take sometime to find the kind I like the best," I said trying not to laugh.

"Should we bring Alexander to get his opinion on the subject?"

"Of course.  The more the merrier.  I can debate the pros and cons of having an extremely fine grain," I nodded my head once for emphasis.

Chance broke out laughing and kissed my head again before looking up, "Hey Alexander!  How do you feel about arguing the pros and cons of having a fine flour?" Chance asked as a chair was pulled out in front of us.

I turned in my seat so that I was fully facing him, not wanting to be rude by ignoring him.

It may not matter to me if I ignored everyone else in the school, but he was Brandy's boyfriend, and I don't think she would be too happy with me if I didn't get along with him.