Playing With Chance - Chapter 12

I think Chance was getting worse.

At first he wouldn't be so bad in the mornings, but as the day went on he would slowly get more snappy, and upset.

When I walked into math on Wednesday he kind of had this glazed, hopeless look in his eyes, and he kind of went down hill from that.  

By Friday he had stopped being mean to other people, but I think what he traded for not being mean was worse.  He had stopped talking to anyone.  Not in an, I'm going to glare at you until you go away, kind of way, but an, I no longer care enough to deal with you, kind of way.

It made me kind of sad.

His appearance was starting to show some of that I don't care anymore look too.  His hair was sticking out in random directions, and his clothes looked like he slept in them the night before.

I was starting to worry about him more, but I still didn't talk to him.

On Friday I was debating talking to him, but I didn't really get around to deciding......

My thoughts were interrupted by my alarm going off, telling me I had to get up, and get ready for the day.  

I groaned, and got out of bed.

 "You've left him long enough.  You need to talk to him today," Brandy said sliding into the back of the car.

"Agreed," Hero said climbing into the front seat.

"What is with you two, and getting," I started before Brandy cut me off.

"We just think it's not fair to not talk to someone when they are clearly sad about the fact that you won't talk to them, for no other reason than to not talk to them."

"If you don't talk to him I'm going to invite him to your house, and tie you up if you try to stop me from opening the door."

"Harsh.  How long are you giving me?"

"I d'no.  Today?"

"So if I don't talk to him today you'll invite him to my house tomorrow?"

"Yeah.  Let's go with that."

Note to self.  Don't take Hero home tomorrow.

But that might give him enough time to go talk to Chance....

Hm.  That's problematic.

Maybe I could 'forget' to pick up Hero.

But then I would be leaving Brandy, and she hasn't done anything to deserve that.

This sucks.

I pulled my eyes off the road for a second to glare at him, "I will get you for this."

"I'm sure you will, but what ever you do to me won't be nearly as bad as what you're doing to Chance."

I parked, and turned in my seat to glare at him, "You underestimate me."

He raised his eyebrow at me, "I don't think so.  You think I'm too awesome to be mean to me."

"Are you sure?"

"Let me rephrase that.  You don't want to be mean to my sister, so you won't do anything I can't handle.  Plus you need me to work with you on the quarter final for math."

"That can be done solo," I said not letting my glare waver.

"But you're too lazy to do something alone when you don't have to."

I sighed, and opened my door.  He was right, and he knew it.

That sucks.

Curse my laziness.