Playing With Chance - Chapter 16

I looked up at Chance, silently thanking my mom for making me take multiple styles of dance, "Will you put me down if I say yes?" 

"Probably not, but it's worth a try," he said giving me a cheeky grin.

There's no way he's going to put me down.

That's okay though.  I don't really mind.

"Is that a yes?" Chance asked slightly more confident than before.

"Well," I said tapping my chin, "I think I can, but I've got to talk to my mom."

He smiled, and kissed my nose.

"That's not a guaranty.  My mom could say no," I warned.

"But she won't."

"Yeah, I know."

My mom loves him.  There's no way she's going to say no.  I think he has a open invitation to my house at this point because mom thinks he's awesome.  

Not that I would tell him that.....

I hadn't noticed that we were moving toward the table, but a few seconds later Chance was sitting down.  

I think I should get off his lap now....

Too lazy.

"Hey," I said as Brandy sat down across from me, "Has Alexander asked you to the dance yet?"

"No,"

"Well, consider this your formal invitation from him."

"I'm not sure if you're allowed to.."

"Sure I am," I said before she could finish, "because I'm right about him wanting to ask you."

"Is she?" Brandy asked turning to Alexander, pulling a strand of her hair out of his hand in the process.

"What?" 

"Is she right?"

"I'm sorry I have no clue what you were talking about."

Brandy rolled her eyes at him and started to explain the conversation to him.  He nodded his head slowly with everything she said, but you could tell he still wasn't listening.

I wanted to laugh, but I saw something that held more interest for me.

"Hero!" I shouted happily, "You got my lunch!"

"Yes I did.  Am I your new hero?"

"Only if you find a date for this Saturday in the next twenty minutes."

"What?  Why?"

"Hey Brandy, do you want to explain to him why he should get a date in the next twenty minutes?"

"I'm still working on explaining it to Alexander.  You're going to have to take this one."

"Chance is taking me.  I volunteered Alexander to take Brandy.  Now I'm volunteering you to go find a girl so you won't be bored out of your mind this Saturday."

"Where are we going again?"

"Dance."

"No."

I raised my eyebrow at him, "You chose a girl or I will."

"No.  I can't dance.  I'm not going."

"You will if I find you a date, and make you feel obligated to not stand her up."

"Please don't."

"Don't worry.  If I choose she'll be pretty.  The only thing I have to base it on is looks.  Don't know anyone here that you could go with."