Playing With Chance - Chapter 8

I was vaguely aware of being carried inside by strong warm arms, and hearing a low... growl?... coming from someone in my house.

Maybe I'm still asleep.  I don't have a dog.

"Where has she been?" Elliot asked.

Yep.  Defiantly dreaming.  I'm still in that little clearing in the middle of the forest freezing my butt off.  

My suspicions were confirmed when I heard Chance reply, "I found her outside asleep."

There is no way I was being carried by Chance.  This must be a dream.

But if I wasn't going to dream of my dad I was going to stay asleep.  There is no way I'm opening my eyes.

I snuggled closer to the person who was carrying me, and let out a sigh of content.  

When I did there was a pause in the conversation my mind was making up to replace the normal dreams I have.

"Do you know if she has bad dreams normally?" The person who was carrying me asked.

I'm assuming Elliot nodded his head because he normally didn't start sentences with, "Ever since her dad went MIA."

"Her dad left them?"

"Not by choice.  He was a solider.  He literal went MIA.  When they found his body it wasn't too pretty. It looked like they thought he knew something that they wanted to know....."

Again I repeat.  This is a dream.  Elliot would never tell that to someone without asking if I minded first.

"Did he?"

"It's possible.  He was higher up in the chain of command.  There was a lot that he knew."

I really don't want to open my eyes now.  I might find out that Elliot really said that.

"How did you know that she had bad dreams?" Elliot asked.

"She isn't a quiet sleeper.  That's how I found her."

"It looks like she's quiet enough now," Elliot commented.

I felt the person holding me walk around a little before it felt like he sat down.

"She stopped whimpering when I picked her up," Chance replied.

"Then you should probably stay for a while.  I've never met someone that made her sleep well."

Was Elliot inviting someone to sleep at my house?  

No, I need to remember that this is all a dream.

"That's why she doesn't like waking up, or going to sleep.  She needs the sleep, but if she gets it..." Elliot said continuing the conversation.

There was a slight shuffling, and I felt a blanket being pulled over me.  Whoever put it on me wrapped it around and under me.  Making me even more warm than the arms that I could still feel supporting my head.

After that my dream turned just a little more normal.  

Well... normal for a normal person.  Full of random people, and events that could never happen.

 "Elizabeth....."

Someone was trying to make me wake up.  I don't really want to wake up right now though.  I'm so warm, and comfy.  Who would ever want to wake up at whatever time in the morning it is?

"Elizabeth.....  You need to wake up honey," the voice said.

"Dude, did you just call her honey?  You better hope you haven't managed to wake her up yet."