Playing With Chance - Chapter 4

The rest of that week was strange.  

We actually ate lunch together without trading insults.  That may be normal to most people, but to me it only happened once in a blue moon.  

The world must be going crazy to let it happen for a whole week.

I couldn't do anything to change it though.  I couldn't think of anything that might faze him.

On Monday I woke up to the sound of my phone going off on my bedside table.

"Have you thought of something yet?" Elliot asked refering to the fact that I couldn't think of a way to play my game.

"Nope."

"You should treat him normally, and see what happens."

"But I wouldn't make him mad if I treated him normally."

"It would make him confused though.  That might be enough to win a few rounds."

I couldn't deny the logic of that.

"Okay I'll try it.  Should I treat him normally for me or normally for a normal person?"

"Normally for a normal person."

"Too bad...  I can do that though."

"Good.  Now I got to go.  I need to get ready for school."

"Oh yeah.  Sometimes I forget that you take longer to get ready then me."

"I do not!"

"How long do you spend on your hair?"

"Point taken.  Gtg"

"Have fun doing your hair."

"I will."  was his answer.  I swear I could picture the eye roll that goes along with that.

When I walked through the doors of the school I looked around for my target, and saw him leaning against.... my locker?  That makes no sense.  Maybe he wants something....  But what?

I know we sit together at lunch, but we don't ever talk.  What could he be up to?

Only one way to find out.

I walked up to him, and said "How are you today Prick?"

That surprised look that tells me I'm playing the game right slipped onto his face for a second before he covered it and said, "I'm good.  How are you?"

"I'm doing good.  I might be doing better if you weren't in front of my locker.  I tend to use that."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

He moved back enough for me to get into my locker before talking again, "I think we got off on the wrong foot.  My name is Prick Varulfur.  And you are?"

I had to smile when he used the name I gave him instead of his real name.  

"Elizabeth," I said spinning around.

Not such a good idea.  I have a bottom locker, and he was standing right behind me.  My face came really close to the part of a male that people shouldn't kick, but that I have kicked before.  I think I prefer kicking it over sticking my face by it.

I stood up quickly, and pretended I wasn't just looking at his crotch.  

It was slightly difficult, since there was no space between us, but I held out my hand for him to shake.

"Elizabeth what?" he said completely ignoring my hand.

I put my hand down and answered like a normal person would, "Elizabeth Drazi."

Playing With ChanceOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara