Playing With Chance - Chapter 7

"I want to ride with you," I protested once again, looking at Elliot with a glare.

"Nope," He said without really thinking about it, "We've already gone over this.  You aren't my guest.  I'm not going to give you a ride.  If you don't like the idea you can stay home."

My glare turned into a pout as I looked at him.  

I didn't want to stay home.  Mom was never home on the weekends, and there wasn't anything to do.  

He knew that too.  He was just being difficult.

"Please?"

He zipped up his suitcase, and turned to face me, "Elizabeth, I said no.  If you really want to come you have to ride with Chance."

I sighed, and turned to leave the guest room.

"Hey," Elliot said to my back, "If you don't complain about it again, and you are nice to Chance, I will tell you my idea for your game."

My head came up from the slumped position I had let fall into.

"You have an idea?!"

"Yea, I got it Friday while I was watching how you were playing."

I smiled widely at Elliot.

"I'm so glad I know that smile isn't foreshadowing My death."

Holding up my right hand I said, "I promise I will be nice to Prick, and not whine about the fact that I have to ride with him," I told Elliot letting the smile slip from my face to be replaced with what I hoped was a sincere look.

"When you get there I'm going to talk to Chance.  If I hear of any complaining, if he even looks annoyed, I'm not going to tell you.  Understand?"

"Absolutely.  I expect nothing less from someone who has dealt with me more than three times, and you've delt with me a lot."

I thought about the fact that I was going to get amo tomorrow, and smiled before I thought of something.

 "What time do we need to leave?"

"It starts at one, so about twelve."

I expected it to be something like that.  There's just one thing I don't understand.

"And you're packing tonight because......"

"I'm packing tonight because you're most likely going to keep me awake until four in the morning, and I don't want to have to run around like a manic trying to find all my stuff before we need to leave. I also know that you won't wake me up, so there's no way that I'll have enough time in the morning."

When you put it that way it does make sense.

"So..." Elliot said, snapping me out of my thoughts, "What do you have planned first?"

So many choices, but I really did plan this out before hand.

"Well........"

"You've got to be kidding me," Elliot said looking at what I set on the table, "I thought your mom wouldn't let you have that stuff."

"My mom doesn't let me have it.  That doesn't mean I don't know how to hid it from her."

Looking at the massive amount of energy drinks I had been stashing since I found out Elliot was comming, I let a pleased smile form on my face.

"What exactly did you have planned?"

I looked at Elliot, and blinked.

"Right," he said grabbing one of the cans, and opening it, "Bottoms up."