XXI

I wish I could say life was easy for me right now but it's not. The amount of hate is unreal. A few days after my talk with the boys we've hung out a lot. Meaning more magazines, and gossip. Luke took my phone so I couldn't see the hate but they forgot about my laptop, which I am kinda glad about, but at the same time I'm really scared to read what they've said. A picture of Ashton and Amanda 'kissing', was leaked,but of course it was all fake.. Right? I've been having weird dreams involving Ashton.. I don't know why though.. I quickly get dressed and pull my hair up, grabbing my laptop I walk over to the boys house. I briskly knock on the door and wait. I hear shuffles and soon the door opens to reveal a smiling Ashton.
"Hi!" He says happily.
"Hey, is Luke here?" I ask. He nods and notions upstairs.
"Second door on the left." He says letting me in. I quickly thank him and make my way upstairs. I stop outside of his door when I hear him singing.
"You were mine for a night, don't know how to say goodbye- Damn..." He stops. I take this as my chance to knock. I tap lightly on the door and hear him get up. "Michael I told you I can't- Oh hey Em- Ber.. Ember. What's up?" He stutters.
"You okay?" I ask.
"Uh yeah.. Just can't get this song.. What's up?" He utters.
"Laptop." I say handing my laptop to him.
"What?" He asks taking it.
"I can't have it.." I mumble. He motions for me to come in and I awkwardly step in. He puts my laptop on his desk and sits on his bed, patting the space next to him. I get the hint and sit down. He pulls me into a loose hug and we both sigh. "Why's Ash so happy today?" I ask.
"Him and Amanda are real." He states bluntly. My heart drops and I bite my lip.
"Oh." Is all I manage to say. What's wrong with me? "Do you like that?" I ask suddenly.
"No, note really.. She is a bad influence on him. He was all giggly because he is drunk.. Again." He explains. My eyes widen and I gasp.
"What? How'd he even get alcohol? He's nineteen!" I exclaim.
"Yes but you only have to be eighteen in Australia, remember?." He points out.
"Right.." I mutter under my breath.
"So how are you doing?" He asks after a moment of silence.
"Okay.." I say honestly.
"We'll call me if you need anything.. No matter what time it is or where I am. I promise to answer." He says holding his pinky up. I stick mine out and we pink promise each other.
"Hey Luke, did- Oh hey Ember!" We both jump at Michael's sudden appearance. He laughs lightly but quickly stops to talk to Luke.
"No I didn't.. It's impossible." He groans.
"EMBER IS HERE? I AM STEALING HER!" Next thing I know I'm being dragged out of the room by Calum.
"Hi!" I giggle. He pulls me into a hug and start sighs. "Are you okay?" I laugh.
"Yep! It's just refreshing being around a girl instead of these smelly fucks." He laughs. I laugh along and we go to what I'm guessing is his room. As soon as I step in my eyes widen. I was expecting it to be dirty, but no.. It's cleaner than my mom's. He has vinyls on the wall, posters of bands, and stacks of CDs.
"Wow.." I breath, admiring his room.
"Like it?" He giggles.
"Love it." I smile.
"Thanks." He shrugs. We sit across from each other on his carpeted floor, we stare into each other's eyes and he starts squinting. He finally blinks and I gasp.
"Yes! I never win staring contests!" I celebrate.
"You're a dork." He laughs.
"I'm a dork? Says the one who has a picture of Ashton on his wall." I laugh.
"Hey! You have a poster of us!" He defends.
"You put it up there!" I laugh.
"Ugh, you're right." He sighs.
"What time is it?" I ask.
"6:56 why?" He asks.
"Shit.. I gotta get home." I groan.
"No!!" He yells.
"Yes!" I laugh. We stand up and I give him a quick hug. I yell a quick 'good bye' to the other boys before stepping out and heading home.